• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did TITLE go?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated premiere pro and the title option is GONE!  All I have under "new item" is:

Sequence

Offline File

Adjustment Layer

Bars and Tone

Black Video

Captions

Color Matte

HD Bars and Tone

Universal Counting Leader

Transparent Video

Everything else is there, except TITLE.  Yes, I closed and restarted Premiere and that did not work.  What is going on? 

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Look under File / New / Legacy Title.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look under File / New / Legacy Title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - what the ****? You change a major feature and all I get is some blog post (not even yours) with a dense video?

I'm just trying to edit. I don't need to re-learn a feature that wasn't broken.

[Word redacted by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Like, great, I get to waste 20 minutes trying to figure out how to make a title. Should be the simplest thing on the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DylanK,

This video should get you up and running. It's 2 minutes long.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremy S,

This video should get you going. It's 2 minutes.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin-Monahan. Makes sense. I was admittedly being a bit cranky trying to get my edit done. Still sticking with the old Titler for now, since it has a few key features, notably caps and small caps, and I have my old titles done this way. So please keep "legacy title" around for a while.

"Essential Graphics" panel looks interesting. I do like the idea of typing right on the video. But why don't you have the same type controls as Photoshop/Illustrator/Indesign?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate the new tool as well, I just replaced the new tool short cut, and replaced it with the legacy title. And all is right in the world again, as if nothing changed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To many people, the old Titler was the worst "feature" of PrPro. There have been many threads here over the years complaining about it. So, they're working (finally) to make a new and actually vastly improved model for graphics use ... not finished yet, and the roll-out could have been handled otherwise ... but it's a good start.

It was a shock on first opening the release to not see the old Titler nor be able to figure out where it went ... ahem.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe could have prepped us a little for the New Titler prior its emergence "out of the blue"!

They have done so before with other "developments".

Personally ...I think they should have developed New Titler a bit further before releasing it.  Its a partial release. ie... a tween feature creep!

I wonder what Premiere Beta Testers actually contribute to some such as this or how much say they have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After viewing it demoed at NAB, it can do more than it seems.Those what figure it out ... or study all available demo's & tut's on it ... can actually do a lot of things it doesn't look like it can, so it's not as bad for uses as it sure looks.

I can understand releasing it as-such. But jeeper's creeper's ... they need to give more info with it on how to use the thing!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time you look up where did something you, you get this same BS response such as "nobody used it." Hogwash. We got used to it - leave it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

No clue what you're talking about there, sorry.

There wasn't any issue that no one was using the old Titler, haven't seen a thing saying nor implying that.

But graphics use is burgeoning, and the old Titler was ancient code ... would have been stupid to try and bring that into all the stuff that's coming in graphics use. So ... they at some point had to start rebuilding the titling/graphics tool of the program.

There's a lot of room for arguing it was released without enough of a tool-set ... such as shooternz up above, myself, and many others have said. Because it was.

They should have done a better job introducing it, and the way they nearly relegated the old Titler to a scavenger hunt was also a decision I and so many others disagreed with.

I also don't want a 1994 model tool as my primary graphics/titling tool. I'm 64, so I'm not some young wild-eyed radical type. What I want is for the EGP to get the finishing touches so we can use it like it's conceived to be used. That would be a massive step forward.

This in-between land isn't a particularly great place.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the Titler has SUCKED worse than a blackhole since day one, but don't go removing my means to getting to it. I don't like using it, but i HAVE TO USE IT. Please restore a menu option or icon or contextual menu OR SOMETHING! GEEZ! I've just wasted an HOUR pulling my hair out over this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File/New/Title is I think the file menu location. Also in the Effects panel, Legacy Title.

Neither obvious but there. And of course you can set a keyboard shortcut.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely agreed.  SO pointless to change HOW I accessed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm livid over this "improvement." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full on RAGE HATE this change.  I used to be able to access "title" quickly and simply in the "new item" box right under my footage.  Fine to change the functionality to improve, but please put it back in the list of quick options.   So silly Adobe.  Workflow is everything.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've set up a couple different ways to access the old Titler at need ... though I'm needing it less. Both methods seem faster to me than mousing to the lower left corner, and using the "new item" box. One is a full workspace on my workspace bar, single click of course. The other is a keyboard short that just pops up the Titler panel. Never even touch the mouse. If I'm doing major work, the workspace. A quick line of text, the Titler.

Except ... for most quick things, the EGP is taking over my workflow.

Yea, workflow is everything.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone figure out where the Saved Title Templates option has gone?

I made my workflow a million times better with saving the templates for my videos and just plugging in the changed copy every week. But now I appear to not have any way of saving titles as templates. At least haven't noticed it yet on the Legacy Title.

My two cents while at it: Sure, could be a great change. But I agree with others. No need to move access to it. It would be Harmless to include both the NEW Titler and the LEGACY Titler in that pop up list. It isn't lacking real estate for a couple more lines. Would have saved me from getting angry before getting here too like others.

Thanks all in advance!

-Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is one thing that I think was screwed up in the change-over, as I think saving new templates in the Legacy Titler in 2017 isn't possible.

To do so, use and earlier build, create & save a title template in a project there probably just for title template work, then open that project in the Media Browser, select & import the assets I think work.

You can have one of each build series installed ...

11.x: 2017

10.x: 2015.3/4

9.x: 2015.1/2

8.x: 2014

Bit of a pain, but I know a number of people that do this, and as it's decently quick to get the old project file opened, mod a template, save it as new, go back to the current project & import the template, they are getting work done.

Not a choice many of us agreed with, I don't think.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Hate this, Adobe always does this, they have probably wasted at least 10 hours of my life moving shit around or deleting things, why not just keep it where it has been for the past few years and offer the new option. They keep doing this with AE, photoshop and lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is classic Adobe. Break/move/modify something without asking any professional users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines