• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where do Preview files go on a 4 hard drive setup?

Advocate ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have this down, except for the location of the Audio and Video preview scratch files: (the rendered files, correct?)

In a 4 drive setup:

C:) O/S and programs

E:) Media and Project Files

F:) Media Cache (and After Affects Cache) and PageFile.

G:) Exports and Auto BackUps

I'm concerned that the Preview files: Audio and Video should not be together on the same drive...? Or should they both go on drive F: the Cache drive?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Letty

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default, they will be placed in the same folder as the project file, but as I think you are alluding to, they can go wherever.

Presuming the drives are all the same speed, I would put them on the same drive as the Media Cache, so you know where the files are that can be removed at the end of the project. This is just for simplicity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SamLanes  wrote

Presuming the drives are all the same speed, I would put them on the same drive as the Media Cache, 

I agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the audio and video preview files can go on the same hard drive, with all the other cache files?  No problems or bottlenecks when creating a bd ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to test yourself: no system or workflow is alike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c: root drive, O.S. and programs only

e: media and projects and auto backups in project folders.

In media name folders like, " Adobe Projects" , Sound, Graphics, Titles ( if made in photoshop etc.)

why ? some projects will use the same graphics, audio, titles, sound ( like if you have a bunch of soundFX albums and other sounds you paid for or were free ).

f: cache

name folders if you want. I have different directory (folder) for BRIDGE CACHE. You'll organize stuff as you figure out the easiest way to delete the stuff when you're done with it.

g: exports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines