• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the Lens Distortion Removal preset?

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to remove action camera wide angle distortion. I saw two videos, here and here, and when I follow the instructions I have no such presets (I'm on macOS Adobe Premiere 2022). I only have the preset to add distortion, not remove it. What am I doing wrong? Is there an additional installation needed>

grumpymonk_0-1656004439935.png

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The are all gone as they were from old actioncams anyways.

You can make your own preset.

When watching tutorials, you need to pay attention to the version used.

The one you posted is for 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann for your reply. To be fair though, the second video is from 2 weeks ago, and any Google search comes back to the same use of the old presets 🙂

So the question is how to do this now? Even knowing this was removed, I can't seem to find any Google search that shows me how to correct distoration without these missing presets. Any tips of where to look for help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the Lens Distrotion preset can be set to negative values to counter distortion rather than add it. is this the right approach?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Negative curvature will remove the wide angle.

Just fiddle with the settings until you are happy with the result.

Then save as a preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, cheers. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone happen to have these files? Or perhaps I could get them by manually installing an older version of Premiere?

I understand we can make our own, but it's certainly much nicer having a solid starting point.

Right now, I'm specifically looking for the GoPro Hero Black 5, but definitely will take others too! Despite them all being "from old action cams" as Ann said - that doesn't mean that these old action cams aren't still in use!

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I'm with you on this! currently trying to correct the distortion from a hero 4. It's much more favorable to use a preset that's been, presumably, fine-tuned by an expert as opposed to me just messing with the sliders till it looks ok. Don't understand why they would take that option away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Settings were for the GoPro hero 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, this is so typical of Adobe... Why would you remove something that worked? These presets were gor GP4 and older, but worked perfectly for more recent cameras!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the settings shown above:

1) Drag "Lens Distortion" from the Video Effects>Distort section of the effects menu onto your GoPro clip.

2) Simply pick "Curvature" within the Lens Distortion Menu within the Effect Controls Panel and set it to -25. 
3) Right click on the effect you've made within the effect controls panel, then select "save preset."

This should remove the fish eye effect. 

From there, you can just drag and drop that bad boy from the "Presets" within your Effects Panel onto your GoPro footage and you will be off to the races. 

Cheers! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines