Where is the Lens Distortion Removal preset?

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to remove action camera wide angle distortion. I saw two videos, here and here, and when I follow the instructions I have no such presets (I'm on macOS Adobe Premiere 2022). I only have the preset to add distortion, not remove it. What am I doing wrong? Is there an additional installation needed>

grumpymonk_0-1656004439935.png

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The are all gone as they were from old actioncams anyways.

You can make your own preset.

When watching tutorials, you need to pay attention to the version used.

The one you posted is for 2017.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann for your reply. To be fair though, the second video is from 2 weeks ago, and any Google search comes back to the same use of the old presets 🙂

So the question is how to do this now? Even knowing this was removed, I can't seem to find any Google search that shows me how to correct distoration without these missing presets. Any tips of where to look for help?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the Lens Distrotion preset can be set to negative values to counter distortion rather than add it. is this the right approach?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Negative curvature will remove the wide angle.

Just fiddle with the settings until you are happy with the result.

Then save as a preset.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, cheers. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines