• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are exported files sizes so huge?

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why whenever I export a video in Premiere pro the file size is huge. I could input a video that is 1mb, and the result will be 10mb or more. I know its because of the video and audio bitrate, but all I want to do is just add a little text to my video or retate it or change the color without interfering with the bitrate. Is there an option to match the settings of premiere pro to the settings of the settings video? Or maybe a plugin I can use?

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reducing the height and width should surely reduce the file size. Videos are bitmap based, just like images, so they are made up of pixels, and every extra pixel in height and or width increases the file size since each pixel contains RGB color information. Only with video it will be even more visible since video is around 30 images. per each second of  video. A 1920x1080 video could be around 75mb,  but if reduced to half the size lets say around 800x400px the video file would only be about 16mb. Test it. It might not show a change in the Export settings like a GIF would, but once exported you can see the file size.

The "tree" view is the easiest for us to review. Ann's post above shows mediainfo tree views:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/why-are-exported-files-sizes-so-huge/m-p/128...

As I pointed out, her files were the same size, and the datarates were the same, but the Bits/(Pixel*Frame) were different.

Stan

Alight Motion MOD APK

By @Stan Jones

So I spoke to others about this.... and one explanation was "its the bitrate setting that determines the files size" and "it was to do with being a delivery format". However its just a compression codec/format... just how GIF and JPEG work on compressing images.

So while I don't totally understand exactly how it compresses.... it still would not make sense how it can just. IGNORE all the extra pixels in a 1080p video as compared to a 520p; video.

They can't totally disregard the pixel information, since that is specifically what it is compressing.

A JPEG compresses differently then a GIF, but they still will both first depend on the resolution of the image.

As we are all continually learning when it comes to Digital Media and Adobe apps (we have to be!) I did a test again.... although I cant share the actual videos... I exported one as is at 1080p, and took a screenshot of the specs.

Then I exported again, unchecking the checkbox under Match Source, and changed the height to 520p. I also took a screenshot of these specs, and then I took a screen shot of both file sizes after export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh I see... as much as I would like to figure this out and learn something new. I dont really want to download another app, install, etc. So many things to do in a day as it is.... I can't keep up!

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you export a video in Premiere Pro, the file size can increase due to various factors, including the bitrate of the video and audio, the codec used, and the resolution of the output file. Adding text, rotating, or changing the color of the video can also contribute to an increase in file size, as these edits require rendering and may affect the overall quality of the video.

However, there are a few things you can do to help reduce the file size of your exported video:

1. Adjust the bitrate: When exporting your video, you can adjust the bitrate settings to match those of the original video file. This will help maintain the quality of the video while reducing the file size. In Premiere Pro, you can find the bitrate settings under the "Bitrate Encoding" section in the export settings.
  2. Use a more efficient codec: Premiere Pro offers a range of codecs for exporting your video, some of which are more efficient than others. Consider using a codec like H.264, which is known for its high compression and smaller file sizes.
  3. Lower the resolution: If you don't need to export your video in full HD, consider lowering the resolution to reduce the file size. You can find the resolution settings in the export settings under the "Video" section.
  4. Use a third-party plugin: There are several third-party plugins available for Premiere Pro that can help optimize your video exports and reduce the file size. One example is the "ProRes RAW" plugin, which can help reduce the file size of your exports while maintaining high-quality video.

By making these adjustments, you can help reduce the file size of your exported video while maintaining the quality of your edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines