• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Are The Various Windows/ Screen Workflow All Over The Place?!!!

New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, community. I want to rip my hair out right now!

I'm trying to understand how to even navigate all the various windows and why they move and disappear the way they do? Ie. toggling, relocating, disappearing,  links and options and appearances change, like the color option, etc. Many, many inconsistencies. Yes, I know about the WINDOW option to bring backlinks, but the links and the windows themselves seem to change along the way.   Just when I think I'm starting to understand it all, they seem to disappear or relocate to a location I don't want them to be, or take over the entire page and make all the other boxes disappear and I can't find my video or previous work. So then I try to find anyone on youtube discussing this topic, and low and behold! it's so basic no one wants to even explain, which is bs!  Now mind you,  what I have accomplished here thus far is... I have created a music video, I've cut and cropped the clips,  I've lined up all the various clips in the arrangement view, along with the audio with some transitions and text effects, so I've made it this far with the layout and some initial editing, so clearly I'm out of the diapers phase, or am I?  

Now I want to continue adding more effects but I'm finding I'm spending more time trying to figure out why certain windows are disappearing and others are moving around and not staying consistent with their location or options.  It's a bit too much with how all over the place this seems to be, and I'm sure it's a very basic solution, yet at the same time, it's consuming my PRECIOUS TIME and my neighbor now probably thinks I'm a psychopath. I find that in all the tutorials out there, people do not go over the basics of how the windows move/toggle/workflow maneuver and why they move the way they do. YES, I know Youtube exists, so DO NOT RECOMMEND youtube please unless you have a very specific video to offer, otherwise I will come to find you. I have also started the classes through Adobe Pro; nothing so far. This is coming from someone who has spent years on youtube teaching myself Ableton, so I'm no dummy, but what I have found consistently with tutorials out there, that many people don't bother to explain how to navigate the interfaces of these programs and the basics. I hope you can understand what the hell I'm trying to say. PLEASE HELP. 

TOPICS
How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having any of your issues.

To reset a workspace to its default configuration, go to the menu Windows > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout.

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 9.18.19 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be changing workspaces and I agree that would be confusing. On the top of the interface you should see workspaces like learning, editing, audio.

i recommend selecting editing from that list and not change from it when starting out. If you need a panel which isn’t available in the editing work-space you could go to the top of the interface and go to window/essential graphics, for example to open that panel. You can also go to window/workspace/reset workspace to get back to the original panels. I feel this is a good work-flow when getting used to Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was also my impression. Instead of clicking the Effects panel the OP is clicking the Effects workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I gotta say that the first 6 months I worked with premiere I found adjusting the interface difficult and I've too little hair left to think about ripping any of it out.  For example, the distinction between different "drop zones" when you were dragging windows around was confusing to me.  Now, I love it.  And can work around or ignore the quirks...  I have a feeling this may not be allowed, but if you wanted to do a short teamviewer session with me I might be able to get you over the hump.   Or if that's not possible, maybe I with the help of some of the other people here might be able to walk you thru the issues...   I'd also suggest just spend some time playing around with the interface.  dragging different windows to different areas and see what happens.  That's how I figured it out...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this reply, it made me laugh, which is exactly what I needed, along with it being encouraging. I seemed to have had a "little" breakthrough after I dusted myself off for the ump-teenth time. I would be down to somehow connect on the team viewer session too. Thank you for taking the time. I'm still head deep in learning music production. I didn't realize my life would be living on youtube falling asleep from one tutorial to the next. LOL. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also a Premiere Pro Discord server (/r/Premiere Discord) that can be handy for sharing screens. I am on there if you feel like you need a walk-through of some things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never heard of it.  can you elucidate further...   curious as to how it works...  thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The primary use-case for Discord is gaming. People use it as a means to talk to each other in-game over their headsets. But you can also text chat, stream, and in a private message you can do voice calls and screen shares.

I didn't really know there were servers for other things besides gaming until I learned about it on reddit. Now I'm in a server for Premiere, After Effects, and Cinema 4D. I help out in the Premiere one and in the other ones I am the one being helped 😉

Edit: I should note that it's not the same as Team Viewer or another Remote Desktop solution. You can only watch what they are doing on their screen or share your own screen and let them observe. You are not controlling their desktop. But it's a bit less invasive in that way and for a lot of young people they probably already have Discord for gaming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines