• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Premiere 2017-18 keep crashing during playback?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just built a new PC Workstation to run Premiere, where previously I used an iMac. I installed Creative Cloud and Premiere CC '17. Everything seemed fine until I hit playback in my project, then after a few seconds of playback, my right screen goes black, everything freezes, and my PC restarts. I thought it was a fluke, so I tried everything again and the same thing happened. But then it happened over and over. I tried a different version and installed CC '18, but to no avail. Same exact thing happened, screen goes black, computer freezes, then restarts. This kind of thing never happened on my iMac.

After looking online about the issue, I thought maybe it was because of my preference of having everything on separate SSD's. One SSD for the software, one for the media, and one for the scratch and cache files. So I uninstalled and reinstalled Creative Cloud and Premiere, but this time with using the defaults - keeping everything on the same SSD. But it crashed yet again. Ive tried to lower the quality of playback, and the same thing happened. It even happened once during export. The only other thing I've installed with Premiere are 4 Waves Audio plug-ins, which Ive used before on my iMac, no problem.

What gives? I love the product, but I cant get any work done. This has come to a head.

Here is my setup, almost identical to what Puget Systems uses in their Premiere CC Workstations:

Aorus Gaming 7 X299 Motherboard

Intel 7820x CPU

Nvidia Titan XP 12GB GPU

64 GB Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 Ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Here is the solution, as it seems to be working now after we did this:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/support-hardware/WHEA-UNCORRECTABLE-ERROR-on-Gigabyte-x299-and-Skylake-X-SOLVED-1042/

Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drop down to one monitor.  Still crashing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a driver issue. I suggest to use a program like Driver Booster to check which driver are outdated. If you use the program to update your driver make sure you have a setback point for windows so you can roll back in case something goes wrong. However pros recommend to upadate all your drivers manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GermanTV  wrote

Sounds like a driver issue.  However pros recommend to upadate all your drivers manually.

Yes, try updating or rolling back your video driver directly from the card manufacturer's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I updated the drivers for the GPU and it seemed to work fine for awhile. But then the screen went blue and Windows had to restart, reporting "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR".

I even updated Windows as well, but same thing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Yes, still. I should note that after updating the GPU drivers, it seemed to work for awhile. But then the screen went blue and Windows had to restart, reporting "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the solution, as it seems to be working now after we did this:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/support-hardware/WHEA-UNCORRECTABLE-ERROR-on-Gigabyte-x299-and-Sky...

Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines