• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Premiere lower the volume of clip when nesting? Any way to prevent this?

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a thing that's been bugging me for a really long time but I never bothered to ask about... I've noticed that the volume of a clip drops a few db if I nest it. This is really annoying because if I get the audio just right and then nest it later, I need to adjust the levels again. It's also annoying if audio has come from the same source and I want to nest one small piece of it, because then I need to manually balance it so it doesn't sound like the audio source suddently got quieter as the play head hit the nested clip. If I end up nesting something inside a nested clip, things can get extremely frustrating to work with.

Why is Premiere pro doing this? Is there a setting somewhere to make nested clips and subsequences play at full volume?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a discrepency between the audio channel configuration of the nest and the audio sources within the nest?

For example, do you have a single track of mono audio within the nest, but the nest itself has been configured to have stereo audio? If so, then instances like that would probably account for the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no discrepancy whatsoever. In fact, if I duplicate a sequence, delete the contents of one, and nest the other inside of the cleared one, the overall volume will be lower.

Or I can right click an individal audio track and `Nest...` it, and it's also quieter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines