• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Premiere doesn't read AVCHD and XAVC metadata

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a question that bothers me for a long time. I found one topic that covers this issue but it was 6 years ago and I couldn't find the official answer from Adobe side. My problem is that Premiere cannot read creation date from MTS and MXF containers (ACHD and XAVC-L/XAVC-I). After importing media date created field is still empty. (I only get date created metadata from XAVC-S footage from a7s and a6500 because those cameras record in mp4 container). Will Adobe find some solution for that? Anybody with the same problem? My whole workflow is based on that information (editing event movies from multiple cameras). I tried importing from media browser, direct import, importing whole folders (with/without XMLs) I tried through Sony's "Catalyst browse" software that reads whole metadata and the problem still remains.   Thank You!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question: what version of Premiere are you using ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always the last one. 12.0.1. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you upload somewhere an MXF file with it's attached XLM metadata?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you make sure that the project and sequence that you created match with the files that you're trying to import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct way to import material is the ingest process through the media browser panelScreenshot_4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dpasaric  wrote

. My problem is that Premiere cannot read creation date from MTS and MXF containers (ACHD and XAVC-L/XAVC-I). After importing media date created field is still empty.

Have you filed a Feature Request on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your work flow requires certain..."features", then you may have to choose hardware and software that offers those 'features'.

There are other cameras, there are other NLEs.  If your current setup doesn't meet your needs, shop around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@yenaphe; sure, here is the example, but You can use any clip from newest Sony's cameras: https://we.tl/mtCSMqQm6O

@Grigor Poghosyan; I am not sure that You understood my problem. It doesn't have anything with sequences. It is a mater of displaying metadata (and using that metadata for placing everything in order) of footage in Premiere's project bin.

@harolds53147263; Thank you but I know that.   I already explained my workflow in my first post.

@Ann Bens; Yes I have. I filed the feature request in the first place, but I'would like to hear community as well. Thanks. 

@Jim Simons; You realy think that the best way to solve some technical issue is to change eco system with all financial, time consuming and other obstacles? I hope You are joking and hope that's not Your common practice for solving issues in your life.   Of course, that is an option but "very" last one. Thanks anyway for Your comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You realy think that the best way to solve some technical issue is to change eco system with all financial, time consuming and other obstacles?

I think it's the only way guaranteed to work.

And yes, I use it myself.  When I bought my new camera and realized that Adobe software didn't support the media, I switched to an NLE that did support it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines