• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows Premiere Pro will not decode ProRes files

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit some clips I shot in ProRes with my Ninja V in Premiere Pro and I'm using Windows.  I downloaded and installed the ProRes driver the error messages in Premiere referred me to twice now, restarted my computer, and my project settings are set for the CUDA Mercury Playback Engine.  It hasn't changed anything.  The clips show up as blue in my bin and if I drag one of them into my timeline I continue to get the error messages.  Any ideas how to correct this?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

I'm documenting the answer that we found on this issue for public searchability.

The issue in this case is that, for a reason we've not determined, the Apple ProRes RAW for Windows 1.3 installer was not creating a registry entry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders, specifically a string with a value of C:\Program Files\Apple\ProRes RAW for Windows\  (indicating the install location of the decoder, debayer, and license files.

Though we don't know why t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting; it seems that now your system is finding the ProResRAW sdk after creating the string in the registry pointing to the install location, but it's not decoding the video portion of the files unless you switch from CUDA to Software Only?  I haven't seen this one yet.  How much VRAM on your Nvidia card?  And PrPro isn't presenting any error messages when you enable CUDA? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Apologies, not sure if I was clear on my last message.

Changing back to CUDA is ok now, after rolling back my nvidia driver to 517.40 and adding the registry entry, and pointing it to the ProRes raw file. Everything is working as it should now. Really hope nvidia can patch this soon so I can keep my drivers updated.

Just in case this helps anyway, my system is as follows:

Ryzen 5 3600

RTX 2070.

I know a lot of people have had issues with the amd GPU but mine is nvidia. Hope that's useful info to someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Just wanted to provide an update. I mananged to get it working. After creating the registry key entry, I had to roll my Nvidia Driver back to version 517.40 as well.

Everything is working now! What a relief! I hope this helps some people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David, I'm having the same issue here but the key is already in the registry! I wish there still was the good old prerelease team to work with!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines