• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with iCloud files in Premiere Pro

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my files are stored in my iCloud account, this includes videos, music files, sound effects, motion graphics, images, and so on. Once I have created a project and imported the necessary files, everything is good for about 30 minutes, but then they go missing and have to be re-linked / replaced. This happens about every 30 minutes or so. Also, every time I re-open the file, I have to re-link / replace all the missing files again. Is there a way to fix this issue? Thanks in advance for any tips.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Placing the files you work with on a local HDD and edit with those files will solve the issue.

Keep iCloud out of your workflow, use it for storing files and backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's why you need to backp your media files to a local drive...  (or to 2 media drives).  Many of my clients also store a drive off site, sometimes in a safety deposit box...  Just not practical for a large project to store the media on the cloud.  Working on a documentary project now with about 48 terabytes of media...    If you're able to work efficiently and dependably storing your media on the cloud, go ahead, but I'd also keep a copy on a local drive.  But I'm a belt and suspenders kind of guy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact problem, in finder simply right click on the media you are working with and click download, this means it will be in the cloud but a copy will also be on your ssd, when your done you can click remove download, problem solved 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprised no one has mentioned the .nosync option—for any folder containing footage on your Desktop (or any iCloud synced location) - first, download all of the footage from iCloud and then rename the folder with the footage foldername.nosync

This will keep the footage from being synced to iCloud.

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/254313/how-to-exclude-a-sub-folder-from-icloud-drive-in-ma...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or even better, don't synch your desktop to ICloud...  I don't like the way this happens by default and fact that you can get sucked into paying apple for extra storage (particularly if you're storing large media files on your desktop) if you're not paying attention.  But for those who feel the need, thanks for the tip...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like having my desktop files on all of my devices, but not the 200GB video project I'm working on!

it's nice to know you can pick and choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines