• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Workspaces' window empty

Participant ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is definitely a bug but wanted to see if anyone else has it?

I have 5-6 customised workspaces and they're spread over two monitors. In the latest version, the workspaces window is completely empty in any of my custom workspaces, so I can't quickly select a workspace.

It's also empty in the preset workspaces apart from those where the workspaces window is at the top, stretching across the main window.

I must say that this release is pretty cr*p. Half-baked features which are not particularly useful and the essential audio functions have crashed many times so far when I've tried them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for that, Silicon Pixel. I can get into the same state in Mac. You can usually dock any panel to a new location. That is, except this panel. It looks like a UI design issue. Please file the issue here.

I also see the "blank workspaces" panel. In this case, docking this specific panel to a new location fails to occur when dragging from the left edge of the Workspaces panel. Well, technically, the panel moves but without its functions. Once it's in this state, you can't drag it back to its o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SiliconPixel,

I am sorry for the workspace issue. It might be an issue with the corrupted workspaces.

Please reset the settings with the following steps:

1. Go to the following location in the machine

In Windows, C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0 (Or)

In Mac, Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 11.0

Rename the 11.0 folder to Old_11.0

2. Launch Premiere Pro, Create a new project(do not open Old projects)

3. In Menu bar, Window > Workspace > Uncheck Import Workspace from Projects.

4. Open the old project & check the issue.

Please let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I already tried that (it's the first thing I do with issues like this).

However, I just did it again and removed the old prefs - the problem is not fixed. This is what I see, the black window top left is the workspaces window:

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SiliconPixel,

In the screenshot you posted, you have opened an old project. Have you tried opening the new project after renaming the 11.0 folder?

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes I just tried creating a new project directly after renaming the 11 prefs folder so Premiere created a new set of preferences. Same issue - blank workspaces window.

The only time I see any workspaces is if I open one of the workspaces that has the workspaces window across the top. However if I move it and dock it ANYWHERE else - either horizontally or vertically or in-line with any other window, it's blank (as per attached new screen caps:

cap 1.PNG

cap 2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you select Window > Workspaces > Edit Workspaces? Do you see any of the workspace names in the Bar section? (Maybe they all got moved to Do Not Show.)

screenshot_1207.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues. Also having issues with tools disappearing and or not being able to move them to a preferred space. Personal workspaces are gone. Can continue hoping we won't all have to spend the time=$ rebuilding them? Used 11.0 old fix to get going that seemed to have worked but again personal workspaces are lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might add layer styles box does not present itself when titling? So, do I have to open older projects in order to find my title styles?

All panels reveal the title styles, but obviously no previously saved title styles...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Vidya!

Just an FYI my copy of premier is basically becoming unusable. not only do I have empty window and tool boxes floating around but also having issues with adding effects. Something as simple as a fade up the clip will not take the effect on a drag and drop. Basically, anything in the video transitions tool box doesn't apply. Colour etc. does.

Today adding graphics the layer style box did appear briefly only to disappear.

this project is going out without a fade up cause I have no idea to MAKE it apply.

windows 7 professional

intel core i7-6800k CPU @ 3.40 GHZ

invida g force gtx 1080

if that helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool ...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Unlike the instructions, use it to do both the un-installation of PrPro and the removal/cleanup of all the bits & pieces.

Then reboot your computer. Using the Desktop CC app, download & install a fresh copy of  PrPro.

I've had to do this in the past. Normally fixes when a number of things are going weird.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Neil will give it a whirl.

Would this also clean up AE? I don't have time to research at the moment sorry. I now have a missing lens blur alarm. Sure enough, it's missing...

Surrendering to the render at the moment. Hopefully, I can do this before I have to output video without fade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it will cure what ails your AE ... it's a likely fix for what ails your PrPro, however. It ​might​ get an installation for AE with that missing part not missing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil!

Thanks for that been struggling with CC as I just purchased upgrade from CS5 a few months ago.

I super appreciate you getting back to me.

At your service,

Harington.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a new update of Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.1. Please install the update & check the issue. Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya!

I haven’t cut anything yet but I will say that I can now put my tools away.

I did notice that when adding a text graphic that the layer style board does not present it self as it used to.

Keep up the good work!

At your service,

Harington.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you... this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stefan,

Unfortunately that's not the case here - all my workspaces are set to show in the bar:

Capture.PNG

Maybe it's time to try a reset of all prefs. Might try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for filing a bug report. However, I notice that your screen shot shows the old workspaces: Graphics replaced Titles in the latest release; compare with my screen shot. I assume you're launching ver. 11.1 and not 11.0. What happens if you select Window > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout? Finally, if you open the Window menu, is Workspaces checked at the bottom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I just uninstalled Premiere (deleting settings and preferences) and re-installed. Made sure all custom workspaces were deleted and the problem still persists.

Is no one else seeing this at all? Very odd.

I have a two screen setup on an nVidia GTX 980. I've also tried connecting only one display - same problem.

My displays are both LG - one is an ultrawide and the other 4K.

I know that mercury transmit doesn't work well on scaled desktops in Win 10 either, so thought that might possibly be the issue - made sure all displays are set 100% (and when I just had one display connected - same problem remains.

So I've done all the usual troubleshooting. I'm convinced there's a bug with this window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now raised a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SiliconPixel, I am most definitely having the same issue. Thanks for raising a bug report.

Stephan Gruenwedel, the only version available to me via CC is 11.0.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

timm37058839  wrote

... the only version available to me via CC is 11.0.

The version released last week (on 4/26) is Premiere Pro 2017.1 (11.1.0): New features summary for the 2017 release of Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Stefan.

I must say I'm a bit confused or I am missing something (wouldn't be the first time).

Looking at the "About" page the top says v11.0 but the bottom of the page says v11.1.

You can also see in the second image there is no "Graphics" workspace.

My CC app says I am all up to date so I'm not sure whats going on.

Thanks again for your help Stefan!

Workspace 1.jpgWorkspace 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this too - looks like the top version number is wrong:

Capture.PNG

Stefan - I am running the latest version as you can see.

I did have CC 2016 installed for Encore but have now uninstalled that. I also have uninstalled all of the P Pro settings and anything left behind and also uninstalled using the "AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool" to make sure no settings were getting left behind.

I know why the titler workspace was also in there as per your comments above - I originally coppied over the XML workspace files from the old install which would have wiped out some of the new workspaces I guess (I did this so I could get my old workspaces back). However, I've now deleted all of that, uninstalled with the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool and re-installed. With a fresh install, I still have the workspace window black issue. Even with one of the default edit workspaces, as soon as I reposition the window it ends up blank. I've also tried the 'reset to saved layout' but it didn't help.

So even with a brand spanking new install and no custom workspaces I still see the same problem.

If not many other people are seeing this, I guess there must be something else on the machine that's causing the problem?

IMPORTANTLY I've just tested my other edit PC which has different hardware - it has exactly the same problem. So my money is on this being a bigger problem but many people just haven't noticed or reported it yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that many had the issue, there'd have been more posts here. It's very possible of course that something within the latest PrPro cross-interacts with something else that could be on a computer. As has been noted, there's a Microsoft Office file, onedrive.dll, comes with the latest MS Office suite. For some people, that file screws up some of their video settings abilities ​when in PrPro​, but not otherwise.

So ... we're back to looking at what's happening on your machines. Could be any number of things, conflicts with other settings/apps or such, that you've downloaded or run on both rigs. Among many other things.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines