• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Workspaces' window empty

Participant ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is definitely a bug but wanted to see if anyone else has it?

I have 5-6 customised workspaces and they're spread over two monitors. In the latest version, the workspaces window is completely empty in any of my custom workspaces, so I can't quickly select a workspace.

It's also empty in the preset workspaces apart from those where the workspaces window is at the top, stretching across the main window.

I must say that this release is pretty cr*p. Half-baked features which are not particularly useful and the essential audio functions have crashed many times so far when I've tried them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for that, Silicon Pixel. I can get into the same state in Mac. You can usually dock any panel to a new location. That is, except this panel. It looks like a UI design issue. Please file the issue here.

I also see the "blank workspaces" panel. In this case, docking this specific panel to a new location fails to occur when dragging from the left edge of the Workspaces panel. Well, technically, the panel moves but without its functions. Once it's in this state, you can't drag it back to its o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooh, that gives me an idea - I have a few extensions which auto sync (Wipster, Pond 5 etc). These are auto synced by CC app. I wonder if they somehow cause the problem. Will have to try disabling those...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May or may not, but ... you have to test them first, don't you?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SiliconPixel: Let us know what happens when you disable some of your extensions. If you still see the problem, please log it as a bug: Feature Request/Bug Report Form and document your particular hardware/OS configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did disable all of the extensions but it didn't make any difference.

Oddly, uninstalling the Wipster panel from the normal adobe website link didn't remove the extension files. So I manually deleted them and that removed it.

Ive already logged a bug report and linked to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue discussed in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, um ... have you tried any of the suggested things to try? And if so, what has the result been?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you file a bug report.

Ive tried everything I can think of and still have the problem on both of my PC's.

Also, what's your hardware setup, particularly graphics and screen settings/arrangement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I don't think it helps but I'll double check tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes - we did that early on - made no difference renaming or deleting the"11" preferences folder. Unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having the same problems on the latest version 2017.1.1 but at least I've now fixed the .mogrt issue many people are having!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any solution to the empty workspace window? I have the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike: Have you tried the fix here? Re: No graphics bar in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.1

Specifically, look for my five-step list in that thread to generate a new, default Workspace bar next time you launch Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a different problem to the graphics panel not appearing. I've tried all of those things and nothing has fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2017.1.2 (11.1.2 (22)) DOESN'T fix this issue - I still have it on two PC's and no matter what I've tried, it still shows an empty window.

Stefan (can't tag you for some reason)  - or Vidya - can you confirm that this is a reproduceable bug and that you're working on it. I feel very ignored at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just created a screen capture video showing the problem:

Adobe Workspaces bug - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you had sound, but if so, I couldn't hear it.

It was odd looking at your video ... you don't have the workspaces bar, but were putting a Workspaces tab into other panels. Not sure what your custom setup has been.

Hoping that Stefan Gruenwedel​, Kevin-Monahan​, or perhaps RameezKhan​ can pop in & get you going.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes - there's no sound on purpose - not much to say!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might give an idea of the kind of screen setup I've been using for many years:

IMG_0780.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SiliconPixel: Thanks for posting your video; it's very informative. Two things:

1. I can reproduce the problem.

2. I don't know why you would want to relocate the Workspace bar from its default position at the top of the UI. Leave it where it is! 😉

That "blank" area to the left of the existing workspace names is there to allow new workspace names to appear in the bar. Below is a screen shot showing a few extra workspaces I just created to fill up some of that blank area:

screenshot_1304.png

So while I would say it's a bug (i.e., we are unable to move the Workspace bar around the interface so that it actually displays the workspace names), it's not like you are unable to see any workspaces at all when you launch Premiere Pro. Please log this as a bug: Feature Request/Bug Report Form. However, I cannot guarantee how soon this will be fixed, as I am not on the product team. I will log this bug too. The product team does monitor feedback through this channel, so it is worth the effort to log the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stefan - Glad you can reproduce - this bug only appeared on the last major update - I had the workspaces panel displaying properly before that.

I know you were saying leave it where it is in jest, however it's useful to explain how I use PPro - everyone uses it differently and for advanced or power users, we often completely re-arrange workspaces to work fast, the way we've been used to for many years and to incorporate some of the many third party extensions/windows/panels out there. I have a multi-screen setup - 2 x 4K and 1 x ultra-wide screens (not represented in the screen video as I was recording small screen for clarity and after a new, fresh install to prove it's not something else causing the problem). I need to maximise the real-estate the display gives me for viewer (at 100%), scopes etc - so absolutely HAVE to move it (or remove it) and have been working that way for several years at least. I've been using Premiere Pro and AE professionally since the first PC versions and edited many hundreds of projects and have fine-tuned my layouts over that time since the modern versions have allowed it. Just because a layout works for one person, doesn't mean it works for others - after all, that's exactly why it was designed that way with moveable/dockable/undockable panels/windows! I have undocked windows on other screens too which work really well. It's an obvious bug that others have also posted about in other threads too.

Sorry if that's a bit of a rant but it's very frustrating when an update breaks something that's been working and relied upon for many years. Sure, it's a low grade bug as I can still get to the other workspaces via the menu too - just not as quickly and easily as before. I toggle back and forth between several workspaces regularly - such as edit, grading and other specific workspaces such as audio editing etc. Even more so in AE with the probably 70-80 script panels and plugins I use. I also use a number of extensions and panels from third parties like Wipster, Pond5 etc. So I don't ever use the standard workspaces <SHUDDER>

I have logged the bug - and linked to this thread, so hopefully the devs will see something obvious in the code that got broken on the last update.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SiliconPixel: Thanks for your thoughtful reply. (I wish all "rants" were as polite. )

I just discovered this trick to collapse the Workspace panel/bar: Hover your mouse over the space separating the Workspace bar and the Program monitor, for example. The mouse pointer will change from the usual pointer arrow to a double-sided arrow. Now click and drag upwards — the Workspace bar will disappear/collapse. To get it back, just hover the mouse at the top of the UI so that the mouse pointer becomes a hand. You'll see a little white downward arrow:

screenshot_1307.png

Click it to expand the Workspace bar again. Does that work for your needs? This Workspace bar collapsing trick appears to be by design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stefan.

I'lol explore if that works for me. However I expect I'll just wait until it's fixed and keep the workspaces panel closed for now.

I try try to be polite. Doesn't always work though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, Silicon Pixel. I can get into the same state in Mac. You can usually dock any panel to a new location. That is, except this panel. It looks like a UI design issue. Please file the issue here.

I also see the "blank workspaces" panel. In this case, docking this specific panel to a new location fails to occur when dragging from the left edge of the Workspaces panel. Well, technically, the panel moves but without its functions. Once it's in this state, you can't drag it back to its original position to make Workspaces appear once more. A blank box (with two blue lines) appears (MacOS Sierra). It's now non-functional. Yeah, that's a little strange. Edit: I see now that the panel used to behave differently when you tried to collapse it in previous versions.

To reset your Workspaces panel to get back to the default layout, choose Workspace > Revert to Saved Layout. That should help you get back to square one. Edit: I see you found that temp solution. Thanks.

For now, I would recommend that you leave the Workspaces panel in its default position, and don't try to reposition it in any new custom 2 monitor layouts. It appears that placing it anywhere else but its default position might cause issues until we get this issue completely worked out.

I can see the designer's intention, however. To have your Workspaces panel open when you want it, closed when you don't need it. Edit: see Stefan's tip from June 14.

FYI, I noticed I can set a Keyboard Shortcut for the Workspaces panel, but it doesn't do anything. In my opinion, it should snap the panel open and closed. I'll point the UI folks to this thread, so I hope I can verify some of our observations and findings.

If you have time, please file your bug(s) to tell the designers how you would like the panel to behave and I'll look after that issue by putting a "watch" on the bug in our database.

Again, thank you for taking the time to point out this issue. Hopefully, this situation can be improved in future versions by filing our bugs and requests.

Kind Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue for weeks now and just read through this thread. While "Revert to Saved Layout" works for default premiere workspaces, I have a workspace that I have custom set up, so that does not help.

While I understand that the workspaces panel might not be meant to move from its original position, then it shouldn't be able to be moved at all, just turned on and off. How can I get the workspace panel to work again in the custom workspace I currently have set up? It's crazy to me that this has been a known problem since April and still has not been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines