• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wraptor DCP export option missing from latest version of Premier

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, the Wraptor DCP option in the "Format" tab used to be listed under "Waveform Audio" and is now gone. Please advise, thanks!

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

If you're running the Apple Silicon version Premiere Pro on an M1 or M2 based Mac, Wraptor DCP isn't available.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/premiere-pro-for-apple-silicon.html

With Premiere Pro closed, Get Info on the application in the Finder and enable "Open using Rosetta" to use the Intel version.  While using Rosetta, "Wraptor DCP" will show in the Format pop-up menu as expected.

You'll want to do the same thing for Media Encoder.

Get Info window for Premiere Pro 22.5 with Open using Rosetta enabled.Get Info window for Premiere Pro 22.5 with

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey MD Neely,

Sorry about the issue. Which version of Premiere are you currently using? I can see the Wraptor DCP format on 22.5. Alternatively, you could try sending the file to Media Encoder and selecting the Wraptor DCP format.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ishan, currently 22.5, please see attached screenshot. I have the same issue in Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Could you select More Presets on the Presets drop-down menu and search for Wraptor DCP on the search box? I have attached screenshots for your reference.

Wraptor DCP.pngMore Presets.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do see that and when I select it, it does not apply the settings in the "Preview" window...it's very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ishan, any more ideas of how to resolve this issue? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems odd. Sorry about that. Could you try resetting your preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I tried that with no luck...should I try installing a previous version of Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're running the Apple Silicon version Premiere Pro on an M1 or M2 based Mac, Wraptor DCP isn't available.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/premiere-pro-for-apple-silicon.html

With Premiere Pro closed, Get Info on the application in the Finder and enable "Open using Rosetta" to use the Intel version.  While using Rosetta, "Wraptor DCP" will show in the Format pop-up menu as expected.

You'll want to do the same thing for Media Encoder.

Get Info window for Premiere Pro 22.5 with Open using Rosetta enabled.Get Info window for Premiere Pro 22.5 with Open using Rosetta enabled.Get Info window for Media Encoder 22.5 with Open using Rosetta enabled.Get Info window for Media Encoder 22.5 with Open using Rosetta enabled.

You can do your editing without using Rosetta and then enable it when you're ready to create the DCP.

Hopefully, we'll see Wraptor DCP in the Apple Silicon native version sometime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, now that it's 2023, there isn't an option to open using Rosetta. I'm so excited that I've spent my money on this Macbook Studio and my money each month on Premiere and can't even create a dcp to send my film to festivals. Wish I had edited my feature film in Davinci Resolve. I'm hoping someone will reply with an answer so I can happily put my foot in my mouth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation here. However, I think Adobe will solve this! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Justin248722969g2b 

It is a little bit of a challenging time to use the version of Wraptor DCP that's included with Premiere Pro and Media Encoder for Apple Silicon users.

The option to run both Adobe Premiere Pro version 23.1 and Adobe Media Encoder version 23.1 using Rosetta is available along with Wraptor DCP.

Please see the screen shots below and compare them to how you've configured your Premiere Pro and Media Encoder.

Premiere Pro version  23.1 Get Info with using Rosetta enabledPremiere Pro version 23.1 Get Info with using Rosetta enabledAdobe Media Encoder version 23.1 Get Info with using Rosetta enabledAdobe Media Encoder version 23.1 Get Info with using Rosetta enabledPremiere Pro version  23.1 Export - All Presets - Wraptor DCP showingPremiere Pro version 23.1 Export - All Presets - Wraptor DCP showingAdobe Media Encoder version 23.1 Preset Browser - Wraptor DCP showingAdobe Media Encoder version 23.1 Preset Browser - Wraptor DCP showing

(Out of curiosity, what size shoe do you wear?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Warren Heaton I'm having a similar problem on Apple Silicon with Premiere Pro 23.2—except it will not let me open with Rosetta. That option doesn't show up for me when I click "Get Info" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the following while Adobe Preimere Pro or Adobe Media Encoder are closed:

1. Select the application in the Finder, then choose File > Get Info to open the Info Window.
  2. In the Info Window, enable "Open using Rosetta".
  3. Close the Info Window.
  4. Launch Premiere Pro or Media Encoder.

Enable Open using Rosetta for Adobe Media Encoder in the Finder under macOSEnable Open using Rosetta for Adobe Media Encoder in the Finder under macOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey... I am curious how you did enable Rosetta... I am on MBP M1 Max, all Adobe software updated... Rosetta doesn't appear when I right-click. Is there another workaround? Or should I shout to Adobe: c'mon guys... ! Or Apple is the bad guy? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, having an issue with 23.2 on this as well. Mac Mini, M1. I was able to open in Rosetta and select Wraptor DCP and choose options. When I export I get an immediate error code. Then after a minute or two, Premiere involuntarily quits. This is consistent everytime. On a deadline today to export this. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Errors while exporting are pretty frustrating.

Have you tried choosing a different location?

Are you exporting directly from a Sequence?  If so, try exporting a ProRes 422 HQ file first and then creating the DCP from that.

If that also fails, double-check that Premiere Pro and Media Encoder both have full disk access.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Warren Heaton  @Stonygut The Rosetta option did not show up for me either (I think it's a version issue). However, if you go into the Cloud and click on the three dots next to Premiere and select "Open (Intel)" you'll be able to export a Wraptor DCP. I hope this helps someone. 

Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 11.42.48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This REALLY helped! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work for me. When I click the Wraptor DCP preset it does't apply to the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last workaround that worked for me:

- Export from Premiere pro the file in ProresHQ

- Go on Adobe Creative Cloud and open the "Intel version"

- Import again that clip in a new timeline

- DC raptor will appear and work!

Let me know 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS STILL NOT WORKING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@solo16 

Are you in Premiere Pro 2024 which is Apple Silicon only?  I'm not sure why, but the 2K Digital presets for Wraptor DCP show up in the Preset Manager even though they cannot be applied.

You should be able to export using a QuickTime preset (like ProRes 422 HQ or LT), import the resulting file into Adobe Media Encoder 2023 using Rosetta, and then use the Wraptor presets as expected.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My. Solution (running Mac Studio M2 Ultra chip & Premiere Pro v24)

1. Export out sequence in ProRes that is to encoded as a DCP

2. Go to Creative Cloud and install Premiere Pro v23.6.2 (including coresponding version of Media Encoder)

3. Once installed, find v23 in the Apps tab in Creative Cloud, and open Intel version

4. Wraptor DCP should now be available in the export menu. Import ProRes files and take it from there.

Note: DO NOT export DCP via Media Encoder. Export directly from Premiere Pro

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines