Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong sample rate sent to VST

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe community,

I'm currently developing a VST on macOs using Juce. It's working flawlessly on all the DAW I tested except for Adobe Premiere.

I need to get the sample rate of the data I process since I do some resampling.

But even when I change the sample rate in the Preference->Audio Hardware I always get from Premiere a sample rate of 44100 Hz as information.

Unfortunately it's not the real sample rate of the data stream since my resamplers cannot do their job and the output is totally awful and noisy when I change the sample rate to a different value of 44100 Hz.

Does anybody has already have this issue? Is it a mistake from my side or an issue in Premiere?

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't have access to my professionnal adobe account this week end.

Well I tested it on Adobe Audition. I saw few things.

If I change the sample rate in Preferences->Audio Hardware only Juce still sees 44100.

If I do Edit->Interpret Sample Rate to 48000 for instance, JUCE can see the right sample rate. But the sound is pitched.

At the same time I found how to resolve my issue in Adobe Premiere.

The sample rate and the audio hardware settings have to be to the same sample

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sample rate used by the audio hardware doesn't impact the sample rate used in the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you reply Bruce.

I tried to change the sample rate of sequence "Sequence -> Sequence settings..." after selecting the audio clip. Unfortunately I've still the same issue when I change the sample rate here. I stil see 44100 Hz whatever the sample rate I set.

Is there an other place where I missed where I could change the sample rate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you placing your VST plug-in on a clip (and see it in the Effects Controls panel) or on a track (and see it in the Audio Mixer panel)?

If it is on a clip, what is the sample rate of the file or media used for the clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the vst on a clip.

My clip has a sample rate of 44100 Hz but if I use a clip of 48000 Hz it doesn't work (sounds with a lot of artefact as if my resamplers do wrong job because of wrong information I got)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional information. One last question which will help us narrow down where the problem is. Does this happen if you try your plug-in on a clip in Audition? The effects hosting code is shared between the two different applications, but where it gets its information from is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't have access to my professionnal adobe account this week end.

Well I tested it on Adobe Audition. I saw few things.

If I change the sample rate in Preferences->Audio Hardware only Juce still sees 44100.

If I do Edit->Interpret Sample Rate to 48000 for instance, JUCE can see the right sample rate. But the sound is pitched.

At the same time I found how to resolve my issue in Adobe Premiere.

The sample rate and the audio hardware settings have to be to the same sample rate but the audio file needs to be to the same sample rate too!

I used an audio file with a sample rate of 44100 and tried to change the sample rate of the sequence / Audio hardware. As soon as I also change the audio file with a sample rate of 48000 everything worked like a charm.

I thought Premiere took care about the conversion of audio file like the DAW I'm used to use.

Thank you a lot for helping me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines