• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You don’t have permission to save to this directory

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I cannot save a new premiere project to an external hard drive. I can save other files on that drive but not sure why premiere keeps showing “you don’t have permission to save to this directory”.  I’m a Mac user and the external drive is a G Technology drive.  Any clues?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the G-tech drive formatted to either AFPS or Mac OS Extended?

If it is formatted as NTFS, you will not be able to write files to it, and will need to reformat the drive to one of the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SamLanes is correct, check the external drive format it should compatible with mac formats. However, if you can not format the drive into mac drive formats then I would recommend using NTSF for MAC software available i.e. Tuxera NTFS, Paragon NTFS and many more.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines