• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ability to see audio waveform and video in source window

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to see a waveform and the video at the same time.
Idea Under review
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
We are exploring this! Stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 106 Replies 106
106 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow us to toggle this feature. I would NOT want this on my laptop as it would be a huge waste of screen space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 100% agree with this suggestion, but NOT the way it is displayed in Max's mockup picture. The Source Monitor should ONLY show the video tracks that have audio. If an audio track is empty, it should not be shown, to avoid wasting screen real estate. Adobe, please remember that more and more people are using laptops to edit, for whom screen real estate is extremely limited. Making the best use of this limited screen real estate is therefore of extreme importance!

Here are some key features that are needed:
1. ability to easily turn visibility of audio waveform bar on/off using both an onscreen button and a keyboard shortcut.
2. only show audio tracks that have audio on them
3. ability to resize height of audio waveform bar, to accommodate users of all screen sizes, and to accommodate users who need to focus more on the audio than the picture of a clip. (the size should be remembered between editing sessions and when turning the bar on/off).
4. Allow users to only display the audio track they want. For example, if a track has both L & R channels, but both are nearly identical, it would serve the editor best to be able to only display one of these to make best use of limited screen space.

Thanks for looking into this on our behalf Patrick! Best of luck implementing this much needed feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of us are well used to, and like, the Avid implementation where you can switch the timeline to view the source - including source clips - with waveforms.

So no difference in screen real estate for laptops, no blocking of source clip video and ability to see source video & waveforms AT THE SAME TIME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sarebbe molto comodo. Esiste già in DaVinci Resolve.
Implementatelo anche in Premiere Pro, sarebbe un grande vantaggio durante il montaggio di interviste!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this not done yet? Come on Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really bizarre that this isn't an option! The best option I've found so far is to click the wrench icon and switch to the waveform view in the source window ... but of course that means I still can't see audio and video at the same time, as is possible in FCPX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oof this feature can't be implemented soon enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option that it's almost unbelievable isn't already a feature... please implement asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may soon create 430 additional adobe IDs to double this feature request 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be very useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see the waveform and video on the timeline, which allows you to edit that way. But it sure would be helpful to have the video and waveform both viewable in the source monitor at the same time. It would also be helpful to have a waveform overlay. Please add this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this feature, would be extremely useful and speed up workflow massively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's my mockup:

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKS! I just came back here after googling for how to show both video and waveform in the source window. I didn't find an answer at the time, but today after plugging in an hdmi display as a 2nd monitor to my laptop that after I enabled it in the Premiere > Preference > Playback that when i left the source monitor set on waveform, the external htmi display shows the video at the same time! very helpful! I still agree it should be an option to show them both on the same display pane, but at least it's possible! It's also very nice to have a full monitor output switch between the source and timeline automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be EXTREMELY useful. As of now, I must wait through long silences in my clips because I don't know precisely when the good stuff starts. This would be SO MUCH FASTER. I really need this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old Avid Liquid editing suite had this feature MANY years ago and was always very useful to have available. I miss having this item as one of my daily edit tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice mockup gus. Wonder if Adobe is onboard with this idea. Davinci Resolver already has this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could also be a solution to this problem:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33837055-view-source-in-tim...
However it is implemented, it's a needed feature for finding audio cues visually when going throug the source files in the source monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg, I need this feature so bad. It's essential when cutting dialogues. Nothing until now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more reason to use resolve. Adobe is asleep at the wheel on so many things that are basic essentials these days. Time saving features like this request are key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must have function for modern editing software. Extremely useful when editing a dialog or talking head

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four years later, and this hasn't been implemented? This is a really simple and needed update. Get on this Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of editing software has this. It's necessary for professional audiovisual editing. I hope they implement this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe! This helps sooo much when filtering! Esp when you have 10 takes on the same video clip. Otherwise, I'm going to have to start using Davinci to start filtering my footage, and that is just a hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate