• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allow Audio Nesting

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently audio will not nest. According to forums this is not a feature. Please enable audio nesting.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
32 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no problems nesting audio in version 12.1 on Windows 10 Pro (1709).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Audio is nested but it will not replace the Audio in the Sequence if there are clips on multiple tracks selected. So you have to drag in the Nested Sequence again to have the nested Audio as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+ 1 one this as well. Perfect to nest audio from different tracks if its multiple layers with music, sfx, dialogue etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a workaround I use where I make an new sequence and then drop in my audio but there should be able to do this from the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nesting 1 audio track with video works fine, but the issue is with multiple audio tracks, they actually nest and go the nested sequence, but they are still separate and not merged into 1 audio track on the sequence they were nested from

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only nest audio in the same audio track, other tracks do not nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely need multiple audio track nesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please! Would be so helping when dubbing fixes for voiceovers and using multiple tracks for a clean blend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will never do this. Its been requested for YEARS and they are idiots and will never support this... Its HIGHLY requested ADOBE!!!!!! WTF!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christopher Fitzpatrick
3 years ago
There is a better way; right-click on the sequence you want to nest from the project bin, then click the option 'new sequence from clip', this will created a nested sequence with both nested audio and video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2020, still not available. I don't understand it cuz if you include video in the clip you select, it nests fine. My workaround is to grab random video, create the nest, then disable the video in the nested comp. Still, why need this workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 and still nothing. My workaround is to nest the section, then cmd-x cut the audio from the main timeline and bring the nest back into the comp. A ridiculous and annoying thing to have to do. I can't understand why Adobe are so reluctant to put in basic functionality into their software. I am so beyond sick of paying for CC at this point. Davinci does everything and Blender listens to their community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this working with Adobe Premiere Pro v14.1.0. Every time I dragged the "nested" sequence to my main sequence it would only bring the video with it. The problem was that I didn't have any "source patching" selected for the audio, after selecting both "V1" and "A1" as the source patching, then dragging the nested sequence where I wanted it, the audio came with it!! Now any changes to the video OR audio within the nested sequence is brought into the parent sequence...woohoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to apply a reverb to multiple effects. The best way to do this in a video editing software is to nest those effects as to be able to apply a continuous effect. Final Cut Pro 4 could do this in 2003. It was incredibly useful. Why am I pining for the utility of a 17-year-old software? In Avid Media Composer, as archaic as it remains, you can apply audio plug-ins to entire tracks. That's one step away from the automation capabilities as Pro Tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"you can apply audio plug-ins to entire tracks".
You can do this in Premiere and have been able to for years. Open the Audio Track Mixer panel, in the upper left there is a twirldown, open it. That exposes the Track inserts and sends area. In the inserts section click on the dropdown and select the effect you want to apply to the entire track.

Does this help or are you talking about something different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 2020 and still no sign Audio nesting !!! RIDICULOUS!!! Why do we pay if they can't give us what we want as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Fellow editors,

I developed new extension: EXCALIBUR. It has "Nest Clips" command, which allows nesting of audio clips (it also moves created nest to Nested Clips bin).
And you can assign shortcut to this command.

But it does much more than that, learn more here:
overview: https://youtu.be/ecZ-UA3zavw
manuscript: http://manuscript.knightsoftheeditingtable.com/extensions/excalibur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for audio nesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is crazy to me that this isn't "possible" natively.

Typical Use cases:
- Creating a sub-edit for a group of specific audio in a scene that you don't want mastered (from dB to effects)
- Looping a music track that is STEM'd

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can nest audio clips. Simply select your clips and right click, then click "nest." Depending on the arrangement of the clips, the "nest" feature may not be available, in which case, simply create a new sequence, copy and paste your audio clips into that sequence, then drag the sequence into your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does have a nest feature if you can't add audio? Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesn't work, there is a workaround (already mentioned by Sven Brencher):

> Audio is nested but it will not replace the Audio in the Sequence if there are clips on multiple tracks selected. So you have to drag in the Nested Sequence again to have the nested Audio as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add audio nesting. Also allow the ability to select multiple audio key frames across clips on several tracks by lassoing. I work mainly in Avid for the networks— and not having these features in premiere certainly makes it “un pro”

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They nest, but have to be on different tracks. So they do, but they don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate