• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background Rendering

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add the ability to continue working while sequences get rendered within Premiere Pro. Rendering would remain user initiated, and NEVER occur automatically. However, once a user initiates a render, we would be able to continue working. I imagine a new Render window along with the Project, Media Browser, Effects, Info, etc., where we could see the status of all initiated renders; pause, resume and cancel them; rearrange their order, etc.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about adding a queuing function to the menu that will queue the renders to Adobe Media Encoder for background renders. You could then initiate the render at your leisure. Of course, if the render were started immediately, it would still allow for queuing multiple renders, all while you continue to work. However, you would also need access to each of the sequences being rendered, which would require XML access to the sequence and direct access to the video sources. To keep this from being interfered with, I wouldn't mind offlining the clips affected until the render is complete. It would allow me to move on to another section, keep me from getting a kind of tunnel vision on any one section and promote best artistic practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as others have mentioned the real killer is that you cant que timeline renders which is completely insane considering what a timedump it is. At some point you could select seq's from the project bin and let them render overnight. Adobe need to take this serious! We need render control and the ability to cue renders. Resolve is looking more and more tempting every day - sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about just passing the render job to Media Encoder? That's basically what we're talking about, no? It's a great idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Any official comment on background renders from Adobe?! I see post requesting this feature since 2016.... why are we paying so much each month so no real updates. I'm currently learning and switching to Davinci Resolve for its better performance. Dynamic links are good with Adobe products, but preview performance is way more important for me. Please, at less acknowledge that you are listening to your community! I don't see any comment from administrators anywhere on the forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate