• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2024 finally with noise reduction.

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add denoiser ( better GPU accelerated) in to PP 2024.

It is so strange... PP is equipped with VR Denoiser but there is no normal Denoiser)))

Do Adobe Marketing Team checking stats what the percentage of VR videos is posted against normal video?

I think VR videos on YouTube even not 1%.

So Denoiser for normal video is "must have" in every professional NLE 

Idea No status
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Effects

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Hey there, @Paul Styler,

Thanks for the request. Is the VR Denoiser not working for you? You can use VR effects on standard footage and it should work fine. Let me know the limitations on VR Denoiser that you have and I can raise those with the product team. Sorry for the frustration on this.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1000% agree, and am disapointed that your post isn't getting much support. It's amazing that Adobe is leaning into AI-powered tools, though it's weird that they're not leaning into one of the oldest types of AI-powered plugins that have been out there: robust video denoising. Maybe there is less of a need for it in the Adobe plug-in catalogue due to other companies leading the market on AI denoisers, but Premiere Pro and After Effects have been a catch-all for post-produciton features for a while and it's just surprising that these apps are still using legacy plugins for this. Premiere's "median" plug-in is in the obsolete bin lol. Maybe a new median plug-in with one extra slider for detail preservation, nothing fancy? At least that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've wanted that for some time. I've even talked with the devs about that at events. Basically, it's a combination of a few things.

First, that's incredibly complex coding, so it's a huge job that would take a decent sized team a full cycle to get it ready for public beta, used, and fixed repeatedly for regular release. A big cost thing that would also lower the amount of engineering time for other issues.

Second, there are several options in wide use by the base ... Neat Video, the RedGiant/Maxon denoiser, and ... can't remember the third. (I use Neat, but as I've got the full RedGiant Universe, could use that one also.)

Third ... this, for some reason as odd to me as to you, is not high at all on the list of user requested changes.

Put those three together ... and unfortunately, there's no solid reason for them to put the cost into this, and suck effort from other higher requested things.

Is it requested? Yes!

But is it high on the requested list? Apparently not, at least, not as high as at least some other things. That may not have available plugins to fill the need.

Might it happen at some point? Yea, it might ... but I'm not holding my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, @Paul Styler,

Thanks for the request. Is the VR Denoiser not working for you? You can use VR effects on standard footage and it should work fine. Let me know the limitations on VR Denoiser that you have and I can raise those with the product team. Sorry for the frustration on this.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VR Denoise?! I pay much money for this programms and that is the only thing you can afford? Come on, even some plugins and other programs are in this case better than adobe. Isn't that emberassing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Paul Styler,

Please add denoiser ( better GPU accelerated) in to PP 2024.

It is so strange... PP is equipped with VR Denoiser but there is no normal Denoiser)))

Do Adobe Marketing Team checking stats what the percentage of VR videos is posted against normal video?

I think VR videos on YouTube even not 1%.

So Denoiser for normal video is "must have" in every professional NLE

As I understand it, VR Denoiser is just a naming convention. It also works with standard footage. I hope this information helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate