• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selectable wireframes in program monitor

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the old FCP7 and many other programs you can simply select the wireframe of a clip in the program monitor to move it around. This is ideal for simple compositing. But Premiere making this near impossible, by only allow the top track to be selected in this way. You should be able to select any visible clip, or even a non-visible clip that you have selected in the timeline, and move it around in the program monitor.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Graphics , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

May not be what you are looking for but if you click on the word Motion in the Effect Controls panel, it brings up the blue wireframe. Also there is a shortcut in the keyboard shortcuts editor called Activate Direct Manipulation in Program Monitor. I do agree that having something akin to FCP7 would be nice as it was my first NLE in the beginning of my career.

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May not be what you are looking for but if you click on the word Motion in the Effect Controls panel, it brings up the blue wireframe. Also there is a shortcut in the keyboard shortcuts editor called Activate Direct Manipulation in Program Monitor. I do agree that having something akin to FCP7 would be nice as it was my first NLE in the beginning of my career.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dubbel click inside the program window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is absolutely what I was looking for, and you even found a shortcut. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer, but this is what I was already doing, and has the behaviour described in the question - it only selects the clip on the top-most track. Kes Akalaonu's solution allows for selection of individual clips on different tracks, which is what I was after. Thanks though.

Votes

Translate

Translate