• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

X-Rite ColorChecker Plug-in for Premiere Pro CC?

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will support for quick color matching using color charts like the X-Rite ColorChecker be added to Premiere Pro CC?
Idea Under review
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
This is a great request that is certainly something we want to implement. Rest assured our engineers DO understand the importance of this feature and how to get the job done. We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 174 Replies 174
174 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this feature to automatically setup color grading starting points and match other cameras like drones and action cameras on the shot. Is time consuming to get the vectroscope and align one by one the card. The way around is also time consuming create a profile for each camera for each shot, is overkilling. This feature will definitely cut a lot of time in the hundred of hours per project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to assume that the total lack of attention to something this fundamental to the most basic use of an editor like PP means that Adobe will be walking away from this product. What does Adobe suggest we begin to use instead of Premiere? Planning for future client projects requires a sense of when Premiere's support will go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be fair, Francis' pinned post is talking about prioritising stability and we've seen that in the latest release. It's not just lots of new features, it's more about the stability of the program.

I'm more likely to give the benefit of the doubt given that we are seeing what was talked about actually happening with the updates.

So Francis saying that they do want to implement this is something I'm willing to believe. I'd also rather have a version which is well developed and works properly rather than something half baked.

So personally, I'm staying hopeful and looking forward to when this does arrive.

I just hope that it's not too far down the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sergiu Mihalache I'm afraid I'll have to deny any sort of attachment to Adobe, whatever you may think. While I use Adobe as part of my work, I use Resolve at home because I can't afford the subscription.

Yes, Francis' post was a year ago, what I'm pointing out though is that what was claimed, is born out in their current comms and the work put into the release.

You may think the release was a bit buggy, but that doesn't change the fact that, Adobe is doing what they said they would do.

I'm not going to ignore it when they do something right and only ever kick them for their mistakes.

I work in governent / education and it's well established that giving positive feedback to people for the things they do well, that you want them to keep doing is important (in addition to any constructive negative feedback).

I want the Adobe team to keep on commenting and giving accurate information in those comments. So I'm going to say that, to encourage them to keep on doing this.

Trust me, your point isn't lost, the number of posts in this thread with negative feedback is in no way in danger of being overrun by praise for Adobe.

If you want anything other than a wall of silence, maybe some positive reinforcement of the behaviours that you do want would encourage that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely unacceptable that this has not be escalated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe should gives us a hint was to where their priorities are for projects they are currently working on. Perhaps, somehow inform the users as to when to expect an add value feature. This way we can gauge the level of support. Nevertheless, for my workflow, the free version of da Vinci resolve seems to be more than adequate. In case of upgrading to the paid version, it is a one time payment and free updates for life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two Years ago this was suggested.
Two. Years.

Color Correction on Premiere sucks, do something about this Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously folks, this is so fundamental to a 2020 workflow. How much do we pay you every year in monthly fees again? It is a lot. Get (back) to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously folks, this is so fundamental to a 2020 workflow. How much do we pay you every year in monthly fees again? It is a lot. Get (back) to work! Also, a reminder: Resolve is free(ish)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wtf???? not yet??? Its is basic, guys... please it could be simple to do or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! What’s the status with this? Buy the **** company if you have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, if you DID buy the company you could charge license fees to Blackmagic Design...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate doing the round trip to Resolve to do this, please build it into Premiere. I really thought you would have by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, you guys move slow. How come this isn't done yet? Maybe an update at the very least?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the competition has had this feature FOR YEARS, yet Adobe is still dragging their feet years and years later, requiring me to use a third-party plugin. WAKE UP ADOBE!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spend way too much time manually color correcting video. I'm actually thinking of switching software because I would save a lot of time with this feature. Please add it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love this. Davinci Resolve has it easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

resolve and final cut both already have this, would love to see it implemented very soon. This would be a huge impact on workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stability has been a HUGE issue for all 2020 versions, seems like this will NEVER happen. Ready to switch our company over to Resolve and be done with the crashes and lack of integrated color chart recognition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully switched to Resolve and seeing my GPU actually get utilized is PURE JOY! Studio 17 coloring is ABSOLUTE MAGIC! Stop the Suffering!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With nearly 600 upvotes, this is one of the most-requested features that professionals have been asking for, and yet Adobe is asleep at the wheel. The entire 2020 release cycle has been plagued with so many bugs it's unreal. I built a new machine and only have access to 2020 versions of Premiere now, all of which contain the same bugs that cause renders and exports to crash. Had my ticket escalated to senior engineer and still couldn't resolve, yet I have to create work-arounds to get simple features like text (native) and photoshop layers (static, not even animated) to not crash my exports. The issues are consistent and can be duplicated on every machine I try it on. How do I go through this process with senior engineers yet it's not even on the list of know issues??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting... Lumetri Color is not cutting it. No color matching function, and HLS can't distinguish backgrounds from skin tones like Resolve can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with Dale, lets get this done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,