• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

X-Rite ColorChecker Plug-in for Premiere Pro CC?

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will support for quick color matching using color charts like the X-Rite ColorChecker be added to Premiere Pro CC?
Idea Under review
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023
This is a great request that is certainly something we want to implement. Rest assured our engineers DO understand the importance of this feature and how to get the job done. We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 174 Replies 174
174 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable that this still isn't implemented yet. Oops, gotta go. Premiere just crashed again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this feature! I love how I can make entire objects disappear using AI but this important tool is still unavailable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere lacking core features like this one has pushed me to do more and more work in Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The complete lack of support for requests like this for features that are REALLY needed has finally made me go to resolve, bought the studio version which I'm learning and am doing my last project in adobe products at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm truly at a loss on how this didn't make it into the 2021 version. This is a basic workflow that's needed support for years now and Adobe still can't seem to get around to it. If I have to do my color corrections in Resolve, why bother editing in Premiere then. Especially when Resolve's weaknesses as an editor are far less annoying than Premiere's weakness at color corrections at this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sussed it out. There is literally no incentive at this time for Adobe to implement this.
Showing my work:

DaVinci Resolve is FREE
+
User can export Premiere timeline as XML
+
Import XML timeline into FREE DaVinci Resolve
+
Color correct and grade to your heart's content with the FREE, world class tools in DaVinci Resolve
+
Export timeline from Resolve as XML
+
Import color graded XML timeline back into your Premiere project and continue editing to completion.
=
Absolutely no incentive for Adobe to put any time or resources into developing a feature in Premiere so long as Black Magic naively offers its product FREELY for users to round-trip projects between Premiere and Resolve for color grading. QED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would agree with Sergiu mainly because this is me now actually. I've been editing everything in Davinci and actually no longer even work in Premeire. My company still has it because of other projects that randomly come in that need reworking, but most everything is in Resolve now. It took a little relearning but I've come to learn it and embrace it. There is no real reason to go round-trip anymore because I'm always in Davinci now. Premiere is more focused on being relevant to social media influencers and their latest updates show that rather than adding real professional tools, ie color chart support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I am happy to see so many users frustrated with adobe’s performance/direction/focus, for the money my company pays per year in licenses for a “pro” set, we really could buy a pro tool set.
Taking two years to implement a change that a coder could literally do in a weeks worth of work shows you how broken poorly implemented agile methodologies are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am not surprised that, nearly 2 years later, this tool/feature is still "Under Review"? Shame on you Adobe. And that sound you hear, is the pressure from tens and thousands of your dissatisfied users, crushing your financial baseline. Know what comes after that? Fossilization: go the way of the dinosaurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll end up like Avid on some old grandparents in Hollywood. Avid mastered the RED format after 4 years as others have long ago. System programmers and system administrators are the laziest professional groups. They always have one answer - "Why?"Color matching doesn't work well either. Premiere does not use Color Checker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOLOLOL @ the official Adobe response: "We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now."
Suuuuure it is, Adobe. Sure it is. 😂😂😂😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also waiting for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most useless editing software award goes to... ... ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe adobe is forcing people to switch to davinci resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would verrrrry much appreciate this functionality added to Lumetri within Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update when this is going to be implemented Adobe? We could forever be waiting for you to actually getting the app stable, however, this should defo be considered. The auto comparison feature really isn't that great compared to how this would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this not implemented yet? The cinema grade plugin allows you to do this but unfortunately it is wonky at best. This could be such a game changer for getting the base color correction done & allow folks to quit using Resolve. If they don't HAVE to go to Resolve for color grading you'd keep a lot of folks from switching... At this point I'm seriously debating on fighting through the (minor) learning curve & using Resolve from start to finish. That point is even greater when considering the subscription vs owning model differences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on, Adobe. Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Francis - Any updates to this?

I've been using Resolve lately specifically for this feature, and they've even figured out how to make it work on my iPad mini. It's added incredibly easy and accurate color balance to my process. I would seriously love to use this within any version Premiere Pro.

Fingers crossed, have a great holiday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great request that is certainly something we want to implement. Rest assured our engineers DO understand the importance of this feature and how to get the job done. We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please no additional app in order to do this within premiere. Ideally, it would be as simple as Davinci has done and a user could have the option to use it in Lumetri within Premiere. A simple box with handles to adjust to the color slate in the footage and match the swatches of various brands of commonly used slates. Can we get an ETA on this feature that should've been addressed long ago?

Been using Premiere since v1.5 with the horse on the cdrom cover and was ever so happy to toss my Avid Symphony back in 2001 to make the switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the feature already silently added after over a year without any notification?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If only it were - I'm clutching onto my X-Rite in the hope that it's implemented before I retire.  Come on Adobe, I love your work but I've been asking for this for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate