• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

15.2changes luminance levels in EOS R6 10-bit footage

Explorer ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyoe seeing this? In 15.0 and 15.1, 422-10-bit footage from the Canon EOS R6 appears to be correct. Superwhites at 110 IRE, and black between 0 and 10 IRE.

Now in 15.2, the levels seem wrong. White is clipping at 100 IRE rather than 110, and the black level seems elevated above 10 IRE.

Screenshot attached. 

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robertd19572356,

We're sorry about this. We can get this checked. Could you please share a download link for the sample media with which you are experiencing this issue? It will help us to diagnose the issue properly at our end.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will find some footage for you.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a 10-bit 422 mp4 from the canon C70. This also exhibits the behavior I speak of. I beleive if you open in PP15.0 and 15.1 the luminanc eon the waveform monitor will be different than if you open in 15.2.

I BELIEVE black should be below 10IRE and white should be 110IRE.  I am asking Canon to confirm.

File: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xNwii5Bq98CjWegQkb1mvlxu5AYN7ADS?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sumeet. Amnyone have a chnace to look at this file?  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xNwii5Bq98CjWegQkb1mvlxu5AYN7ADS?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines