Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3 monitors - Premier - choosing which to display full screen

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First post to the community here 🙂 So I'm running two main monitors which I always have. However, I recently got a 4k TV and mounted it to the wall. The goal will be to use it as a full screen only - kick back and watch the cut - monitor. 

I have them all set up. My issue is that I want to know if you can change which monitor to toggle full screen in. Right now, everytime I hit full screen, the only monitor that goes full screen is the monitor that has the program window up. I'm even trying with two monitors just to get the full screen to go to the other monitor and I can't. 

I have tried enabling mercury transmit. I have tried checking the box in playback, both boxes, or one, or the other, I've really tried every option in there. 

So the main question is, is there a way I can choose which monitor to be full screen? Thank you! 

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really should be pretty straight-forward. I'm running three, used to run to for years. After clicking the Mercury Transmit option, click the monitor you wish to use for the T-O operation.

I also created a shortcut to be able to turn that on/off easily ... "Enable Transmit", you can get there by just typing "transm" in the keyboard shortcuts search bar. Mine is Shift-C.

Neil

Transmit Out Monitor Settings.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this response. Yeah, it all makes sense. Weird. I mean, I definitely tried checking both monitors, and enabling transmit. The problem is, no matter which is checked, the same monitor will go full screen. 

I guess I'll wait until I really get the 3rd monitor up and running to check in again about this. Definitely should be straight forward, but not getting the desired results with the straight forward method. At least I'm in the right window. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only check the one monitor you want for T-O. Leave everything else un-checked.

And of course, in the OS, your various screens should be 'extend desktop to this screen' mode.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heads up this will not work if you have premiere windows open in the other two windows. Full screen preview only works with 2 screens, not if you're using adobe windows in all 3 screens. Strange bug... would love to be wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what you mean by Premiere "windows" ... do you mean panels?

Again, I run across four monitors. My 'main' UI is on an ultrawide, I've a BenQ PD2720U UHD monitor (with tons of video speed refresh rates!) above it that is the one I use for Transmit Out.

I have a third 1920x1080 monitor to the left, where I have the Production/Project/Source panels on a panel group in most of my workspaces. And a fourth little monitor I use for a few things at times.

And no troubles with where the transmit out goes, ever.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines