• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4 minute video taking 6 hours to export. HELP!!!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am filming on an Action Camera (fake GoPro), It's only a 4 minute video and yet it's taking 6 hours on a VBR 1 pass 8 mbps.

I am recoding footage on 1080p 60fps, I want to export as the same settings to YouTube.

I have added lends distortion effect to removal the 'Fish Eye' look.

I'm using Premiere Pro 2020.

Let me know if you guys need more info!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

That kind of performance is not surprising at all, given your hardware configuration:

1. Your CPU is now nine years old. Worse, it has only two physical cores, and its IPC (Instructions Per Clock) performance is relatively poor by current standards.
  2. Your integrated GPU has absolutely no GPGPU support at all whatsoever. Not even OpenCL. As a result, Premiere's renderer is permanently locked to the software-only mode, which means that everything uses only the already woefully underpowered CPU.
  3. Finally,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An [interim] solution to consider.

If "lens correction" is the only performance problem you have, and since clips are rather short, you can use 3rd party tool to do correction, save in lossless codec like DNxHR/Prores/Cineform, and then continue in Premiere as usual.
The tool is freeware, much faster (4min=>~15m or so for 1080/60p), but you need to know (or to pick by trial and error) the horizontal field of view for your camera. I can share script for automated conversion,  if you interested.
Avisynth+defish demo, Before and after_source.jpg

_corrected.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which was the tool?

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avisynth+defish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 'Defish' plugin for AviSynth. To make life easier I included it in my broader, and automated, package of freeware tools, so even a complete novice can start using them right away. At the same time advanced users can easily modify it to their needs. I already shared it on YT and some forums, here is how-to video + download:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NilYO-9YvM

If decide to use - look for Converter\Lens correction\Defish*, to get proper result you need to modify 'lens_parameters.txt', either by tweaking FOV or a,b,c coeffs. By default FOV is set to 90 degrees. Start with specs of your equipment, than use trial-and-error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
Nice one! I'l give it a check. 

So I'm in the middle of exportong more videos, I decided to zoom in on the camera which removed a lot of the fish eye effect, however the noise was ridiculous. I removed noise in Premiere and it took 15 hours for a 6 minute video.

So will ratehr go with lens distortion rather than remove noise in post.

Thanks 

Sent from my Huawei phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If using proposed tools you can easily combine it all in one pass (lens correction + noise reduction),

expected speed for on your system for 1080 is about 5-6fps, i.e up to 1 hour for 4min clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been exporting with one apss lately.

An hour for a 4 minute clip I'd be happy with! I just exported a 6 minute clip that took 15 hours!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dunno, if you still need a solution ... but I've uploaded new version with improved instructions, here:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Andr88T403SpapbOPF2tnEGLnQ0   

Look for:    Batch_Denoiser_v1.3rc4  > Effects > All-in-1 setup

For how to use in general there are video demo and 'Readme' file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

I've switched to my GFs digital camera and meant I didn't need to use an distortion effects.

I exported as the same as the source and it took half an hour!!

An action cam (not even go pro) was not a wise choice for my channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That kind of performance is not surprising at all, given your hardware configuration:

1. Your CPU is now nine years old. Worse, it has only two physical cores, and its IPC (Instructions Per Clock) performance is relatively poor by current standards.
  2. Your integrated GPU has absolutely no GPGPU support at all whatsoever. Not even OpenCL. As a result, Premiere's renderer is permanently locked to the software-only mode, which means that everything uses only the already woefully underpowered CPU.
  3. Finally, newer versions of Premiere Pro hiccup significantly, if not horrifically, on any CPU platform that's more than about four years old.

As a result of all that, you simply need a newer PC. It does not have to be a desktop (as others suggested); in fact, even a current-generation $500 laptop will significantly outform that dinosaur of a low-end laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's a pretty old laptop,

The plan is to upgrade but because lack of money, I was hoping there was a quick fix or a slight improvement.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this particular case, there is absolutely nothing that you can do. That machine is now completely obsolete. And the software situation will only get worse - period. As time goes on, older hardware will no longer be supported any more. And newer programs will no longer run properly or at all on such older or low-end hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a breakthrough.

I changed to a digital camera, therefore no need to use any effects to remove distortion.

I exported my last video the same as the source and it took half and hour!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines