• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4k import for 1080i project: Error message "The file has an unsupported compression type."

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shot some 4k footage (MP4) and tested it out yesterday to import into Premiere Pro 2020 for a 1080i project. Everything worked fine. I went out and shot an interview today (all the same settings), came back to import, and I get the "The file has an unsupported compression type" error message. I am editing on a Mac Pro. Tried all kinds of things - changing the extension name, cleaning cache, blah, blah, blah. Nothing working. UGH! Of course on deadline! Anyone have something on this to help?  

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow ... that's bad.

What did you shoot it with? How did you import to the machine, and then into Premiere? Have you launched the app, but rather than opening a project, gone directly to the Edit/Preferences option, and select "delete cache files", before opening the project?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can you bring the files into adobe media encoder and transcode to something else?  Do you have Davinci Resolve on your system?  Will the files import into that?  I'm assuming the old footage still works?  Can you use media info and compare the properties of the old media and the new media 

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

Could there be something wrong with the camera?  These things can happen and although you may not have changed the settings, things can get screwed up....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines