Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AfterEffects crash has made Premiere Pro unusable

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm hoping somebody from Adobe could address this, as I don't feel this is really a "community issue", but if there is a support email for Adobe products, then it is very well hidden.

I had an issue a few days ago when AfterEffects crashed doing a long rotobrush job. It's hard to know if it is related, but since then Premiere Pro has been unusable. It doesn't draw it's UI correctly; in particular, it cannot draw the handles around Essential Graphics object and it cannot display the handles and blue lines around masks, which makes both impossible to manipulate. It also crashes extremely frequently.

It works perfectly well if I run it under the Adminstrator account on the computer. (The only other user account available) but it doesn't work under my user account. I've tried resetting perferences and plugins and deleteing all temp files and the Adobe directory under AppData to no avail.

Kind regards,

R.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that the crash corrupted something in your user settings.  You may need to delete that user and create a new one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I think you're probably right. I tried unintstalling PP and reinstalling, deleteing its data under AppData/Local, deleting all temp files, starting with ALT held down to reset settings and ALT+SHIFT to reset plugins and settings.

I thought of creating a new user, but this is Windows 10 Home edition, so I can't do that; hence me running it under the Administrator account. 

The only thing I can think of now is to reinstall the computer the computer from scratch, which I imagine would work, but, this is probably going to happen again and reinstalling the computer every couple of months to keep Premiere happy doesn't seem like a sustainable solution.

Hopefully, someone from Adobe has a better solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines