Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AMD Radeon R9 390 Unsupported

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In Creative Cloud Premiere, After Effects, and Media Encoder, my only renderer option is "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only."

I have an AMD Radeon R9 390 running the latest drivers. I have performed a complete uninstall and reinstall of the drivers and all AMD-related software.

I am using the latest versions of all of the Adobe programs.

Photoshop is using the graphics card in "Advanced" mode; OpenCL is enabled within Photoshop. I am using GPU-Z to monitor the performance of the graphics card; performance looks normal when using other applications.

I have been working on this problem for hours, and I have tried every suggestion that I've found. Unfortunately, I cannot find a solution. I sincerely appreciate any help you may be able to offer.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Hoping to see a resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still haven't found a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem I upgraded from 2017 that worked on all adobe software to 2019 and Media encoder see's my R9 390 but Prem doesn't Im doing VR work and I am stuck with a red band through my footage with a deadline... Adobe ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David! I have an R9 390 but in premiere the program window does not display any playback video, and instead are some static random very large numbers and letters like an old pixelart game. When I hit render out the video it displays in the left side of the previw but cant basically see what I am editing. Any idea? thank you! I have my other nvidia card but I am using it currently in another pc that has other type of cpu for other type of project and I would love to use the R9 390 to perform basic editing.

Asus z10PE-D8 WS

2x intel E5 2680V3 24c/48t

64 GB ram @2133 Mhz

RTX quadro 5000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's an old project, try creating a new one from scratch and importing the old project into the new one. Maybe it helps.

Also try to go to file>project settings>general and set the renderer to software only.

Also make sure your drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GPU acceleration and GPU encoding and decoding are not the same thing. They must be setup correctly. The video below might be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines