Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple prores 4444 + alpha shows up black

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I am running into a problem. I just rendered an animation from After Effects with Media Encoder (on Windows). It should have an alpha and therfor I used Apple Prores 4444 + alpha (16-bit). It came out with Straight Alpha, but when I import it into Premiere Pro the transparancy shows up black.

Any thought about this?

Cheers!

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you see if you change from Composite to Alpha in the Program monitor settings? And Transparency Grid?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Neil, 

Thanks for your reply. When I switch to Alpha the clip becomes white. So no alpha. But I am pretty sure I selected 16 bits + alpha in the settings window in Media Encoder and the composition has alpha in After Effects. So might there be something wrong with the codec?

Regards Marten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines