Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto save lost sequences

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! 

I read so many articles and forums, and watched so many videos, that I'm already desperate if I'm ever going to fix this. Here's what happened to me.

Premiere blocked and because I didn't want to wait, I closed it instead of waiting it to fix itself. It asked me if I want to save the project and I was stupid enough to click 'Yes'. 

After I reopened my project, all in the timeline was gone. 

Fortunately I use auto-save, so I found the last few versions of my project.

I was opening them one by one, but none of them had my sequences. The timeline was empty in all of them. 

I noticed that the file for my project that Premiere usually creates automatically when you start a sequence, is also gone.

I can't figure out what might have happen. I'm not creating videos often, so I'm not used to Premiere so much, but crashing happened before and it was never like this.

I would appreciate any suggestions. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  If you want to send me your latest autosave before the problem occured, I'll open it (albeit with out the media) and see if I see the sequence).  Just DM me by clicking on my adobe username above this post (mgrenadier) and I'll send you my email address...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you the file, thank you very much! 

Premiere Pro CC. OS is Windows 8, 6GB RAM, Processor is Intel i5, Graphic card is Nvidia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a habit of Save a Copy to another drive.

FAQ: When to use "Save A Copy," or "Save As," and ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thank you! That was very useful! 

But do you think that the auto-save files were corrupted somehow and that's the reason why they are not full? And that "Save a Copy" would prevent that from happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, no luck with the autosave and besides just opening it, I've tried importing it into a new project and using digital rebellions project repair.  you haven't told us the version of premiere and the autosave is from an earlier version of premiere CC but it doesn't tell me which version.   I'm running 14.0.3.  You can find the version in the Premiere menu:  about Premiere Pro.  you only have 6 gigs of ram which is insufficient to run recent versions of Premiere and may be the source of the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 12.0

But I've been using Premiere only on this computer, with the same RAM, and I never had this problem before. I also have enough space on my hard. 

Do you think there is something that I did wrong while saving and auto saving?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know, but I do know that if you're working on a system that doesn't meet minimum specs you're taking risks.    Sorry I couldn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and if you have to keep working with this system, do as Ann suggested and do a save as frequently.  I don't know if that will prevent this from happening again, but worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wont prevent from what ever has happend but it will save your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look in your media panel to see if the sequence might be there and just needed to be opened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Peru Bob, I opened his autosave project and couldn't find a sequence.  What do you mean by the media panel?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to type Project Panel, not Media Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I meant by "I noticed that the file for my project that Premiere usually creates automatically when you start a sequence, is also gone.".

Unfrtunately that's also gone and I can't figure out why all of this happened just by Premiere crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines