• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blur effect and Mask not syned when using SloMo

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this clip where I want to blur the licenceplate but since the clip uses slomo midway through the blur effect kind of does what it wants. Is there a way to sync the effect with the Mask even while using slomo? I tried to use 2 Masks but that just delayed my problempremier pro.PNG

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you apply slomo and then track the mask? If not, I would go to where the slo-mo starts, delete the mask keyframes, and re-track from there on.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would nesting the clip that has the speed changes and track the mask on the containing nest work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you explain what nesting is? I'm pretty new to premier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

select the clip in the timeline with the speed effect applied.  go to the clip menu and choose "nest."  This creates a "subsequence" in the sequence.  double click on the nest and it loads as it's own timeline so you can make changes to the speed change.   Try applying the mask to the "nest" in the containing sequence.  Neil will hopefully say "what a great idea Grenadier" or shoot me down...  and you can proceed appropriately.  Nests are very handy items and worth exploring.  Say you've got 5 short clips in your timeline and want to apply a fade out over the course of the 5 clilps.  select the 5 clips in the timeline and "nest" then apply the fadeout to the nest... 

Can I make a suggestion for a premiere neophyte to improve his editing chops?  explore the menus and if you don't understand what something does, look it up in the premiere manual or do some googling.    There are some truly amazing capabilities built in to this program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dude, thats some awesome advice 🙂  Started using premiere on friday and I'm loving it so far. So many great ways to make your footage even cooler. And great tip with the menus. Love the community so far ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jeez, a reply appreciating the effort...  doesn't happen that often (at least not today).   and another tip, come back here and do a quick scan of the posts whenever you have a few moments (or just don't feel like doing the work you should be doing).  You'll pick up all sorts of useful hints...  

Besides editing, I also provide support to a bunch of editors and I'm usually able to deal with any of the problems that pop up and able to help them setup their workflow to avoid all sorts of ugliness..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I first applied slomo and then tracked the mask. I changed the clip tho since it kind of caused my premier to crash several times xD. A friend of mine told me to try and render the clip in the timeline. Didn't work either 😕 At least I figured out another way but still kind of weird. 

Thanks for the answer tho

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nesting is an option in the clip options. It's used to separate out various parts of the process.

So say you apply a heavy effect like Warp to a clip, right-click "Nest", then apply other effects. It allows Premiere to 'stack' effects better in processing somehow.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines