• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we do Multiple In Out Marking on a single video clip?

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Friends, 

I am sharing my query on Assembly and Basic Cut phase of a project. So while scrubbing though a long single video clip, I may have multiple in and out points, so different time stamps. Can I mark them without dragging it into timeline. I am aware I can do an In and Out once in a single video clip and when I drag it in only the selected portion will be brougt in.

But Can I do multiple In and Outs on a single clip?

Thanks

A.K

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, but you could use markers to start with. E.g. green for in and red for out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides Ann's great suggestion, the other option is creating subclips.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you made multiple in out points ( if programming allowed you to somehow differeniate between the clips described by those markers ) then what would happen at the end of your source footage 'choices' ? Would you drag all of those clips into the timeline as butted clips ( first butted with 2nd etc. ) .. in the same Video level ??  Like, if one was a close up and another was a wide shot ? I don't get it. Why edit in source monitor and how could that be ??

Neil, I didn't know you could make multiple subclips from many in out points. Would they be saved in same bin and with some numerical denotion to let you know which is which ?

Space X and Nasa currently bringing astronauts home.

🙂

https://www.nasa.gov/nasalive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Salvo

Yes thats the idea. To identify like an EDL in Source Monitor. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ... you set an in/out point, "create subclip", even set handles. Rename it. Saved in a bin. It's heavily used by say those working long interviews who need specific bits.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arjun,

In the Source Monitor, I just use the extended markers function. Fastest way is to press Alt/Option, then drag the marker to extend it.

Each extended marker reflects 3 different tilt up shots to the subjectEach extended marker reflects 3 different tilt up shots to the subject

I don't know of a a "mark to markers" command in Premiere Pro, but that would be a nice request. I'll see if anyone has made it yet.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

Thanks for sharing this work around and Yes, even I look forward to your suggested term "Mark to Markers".

Arjun 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, that's amazing. when you adjust those in out points does it push clip durations on timeline automatically ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks you guys for explaining stuff to me. That's pretty cool.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The video might be of some interest.

https://youtu.be/7V64u1GXo6w

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines