• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Alt Copy Text Without Editing Original Text - CS6

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to learn to make subtitles for a video, and because I have special effects on them I want to be able to alt copy them around and just edit the text inside. But every time I do this it edits all of the text that I have put on the timeline from that original title. I have not been able to find a fix for it yet. Also, I am running on Premiere Pro CS6

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can remember using legacy titles, if you copy & paste a title on the timeline, it will make a new instance which is linked to the same title in the Project Panel. Changing any one of these will change them all.

If you alt/option drag the title on the timeline it will create a new title which is independent (you will see a new title created in the project panel). 
Is this what you are experiencing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm alt dragging it from the timeline but it just does the same thing. so now I have to duplicate it from the project panel and redo all my special effects and everything. Am I doing something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't say for certain whether this funtionality was definitely present in CS6 s it's been quite a while. Are you using any special keyboard macro/shortcut managers? Are you on Windows or Mac? Has this worked for you previously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines