• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions not updating in viewer

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing captions in 15.4 seems much slower, unresponsive to changes and buggy.

If I type in the captions window, it doesn't update in the viewer. 

If I try correcting the captions in the viewer, it doesn't allow me to type past 32 characters in one caption, but in another caption it sometimes allows me to do it.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey M1zomi,

Sorry for that. How long are these clips? Standard length, like less than 10 secs.? Or are these super long ones? Like an hour long? If the latter, and you want more nimble changes, try using Add Edits or Scene Detection to make the clips shorter. Transcribe once more and I bet you'll be able to work as you like.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are hour-long interviews recorded live to tape.  Have about 400+ of these shows that need to be closed captioned.

If I edit the captions with the format set to .SRT, itʻs much smoother and faster.  But if I change the format to CEA608 for closed captioning, that seems to be where all the problems start.  Adding Scene detection didnʻt make it any better.

Running 2013 Mac Pro 32GB ram, on Catalina 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are running premiere 15 on a pretty old machine.  I've been captioning a 90 minute doc on a 2012 macbookpro and on a pretty recent windows 10 machine and the 2012 macbook pro does choke pretty frequently.    granted a macpro with 32gigs of ram is a lot more powerful than my macbookpro even maxed out at 16 gigs of ram.   Does your graphics card meet minimum specs?

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 32 character limit is for your 608 stream. See this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/mulitple-captions-blocks-and-other-major-captions-i...

So you do not see the slowdown if you are using Subtitles format; only with 608?

How are you getting the captions in? Importing a sidecar file (such as srt)?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried several ways:

Importing an SRT generated from a 3rd party site.  Editing it in PPro and seems ok, but if I want to export a video with closed captions, it wonʻt let me unless I change the SRT to 608.  If I change it to 608, all the captions get messed up and the computer slows to a crawl when I go back in to try to make corrections.

Also tried generating captions within PPRo (using Scene detection first) but same thing.  editing in SRT is ok, changing over to 608 is a major PITA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines