• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else find Premiere's captions very limiting and flawed?

The layout is basic and doenst offer much versatility. Most of the time I get my captions made throught Rev.com and bring them into Premiere. They are timecoded which is nice but when I want to change the font style, captions wont let me. Not the font but the style/weight. I have everything highlighted and selected but my font style doesn't change. Why is it I could change it inside essential graphics but not inside captions?

Also, I've had clients ask for there to me a uniform background rectangle behind the captions (for easier reading) that is aligned and centered with the text. Yet, I can't do that inside captions. It creates weird shapes to go around my text. See picture. Text isn't centered in the shape (the g is hanging off). 

I think Adobe needs to do an overhaul with captions. 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unknow files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 3.13.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the public beta, available from the CC Desktop App beta section. They are finally re-doing the entire captions process there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! Beta is MUCH better. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines