• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capturing directly from HD camera

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure this one has been answered many times before but I couldn't find it...

I have a Sony Handycam HDR-CX115.  It has a mini-HDMI out and a micro USB.

I would like to connect it to Adobe Premiere Pro on my MacBookPro, which has four USB-C ports, in order to capture live video rather than having to stage it via memory cards.

Premiere Pro insists that the connection to the camera must be via HDMI, possibly via Firewire, but of course I don't have a firewire port.

What would I need to be able to connect my camera to Premiere Pro given the system limitations, or at the moment is it simply not possible?

Cheers

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S.

I have the nikon d800 which has live view for video. That's how I watch what I'm shooting ( lcd on camera). Your macbook ( whatever that is, as I use pc ) won't show you what you're getting.. it will just act like the SD card ( or CF card ).

There may be a lag of about 4-5 frames between sound and image, which happens when I use a ninja to get stuff to an SSD from hdmi output. That's cause the sound gets processed much faster than the video inside the camera but who knows what will happen with your situation. I'd get the cheap version and try full HD and if that works OK then you can go for the 4k version if you have the money.

I personally don't think I'd go any bigger than lugging around a ninja but good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere only captures over Firewire. What do you mean by live video. Capture while recording?

Most common way is by memory card.

Your camera uses a memory card.

Pop the card in a card reader and copy/paste to hdd.

Import via Media Browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but usually what's recorded on the cards is heavily compressed and does not necessarily record in the optimum color space.  recording via the hdmi to an external recorder be a viable solution but as Ann says, not recording directly to premiere at least as far as I know.   Don't know the Pengo that Salvo 34 suggests, but running a cable from the camera to a computer may not be ideal.  Many external recorders like the Atomos products are designed to be mounted on the camera...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere Pro does not require capture from HDMI. You will need  a capture card. Fire Wire based DV converters are SD only. Your best bet is the Intenisty Shuttle if you want to capture using Premiere Pro but they are discontinued (buy on ebay). If you want to capture with OBS get a cheap $20.00 USB to HDMI adapter.

https://amzn.to/3q4eTCL
https://amzn.to/2Kxf8q9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines