• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC17 Source Monitor Causing the Program to Freeze/Crash

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC17 on Windows 10 Enterprise (full specs below) working off of a shared server.

I am having an issue where anytime I load a clip into the source monitor (either from match framing in the timeline or double clicking in the project window) it basically crashes the program. I say, basically, because parts of the program will still function, such as moving items and bins in the project window, saving the project, and playback of audio. It will not however, play any footage in either the source or program monitor after it "crashes". I am able to scrub through any open timelines and can see the clips in the timeline itself, but only audio will playback with the program monitor frozen on whatever frame it was on when I attempted to load something into source monitor. When this happens and I close the program it seems as if everything is fine until I attempt to reopen the project again and nothing happens. I then have to launch Task Manager on my PC and force quit the program.

The problem only exists when something is attempting to open in the Source Monitor. Once I have force quit the program and re-open a project I can work within the project until I accidentally attempt to open something in the Source Monitor again. I have been attempting to troubleshoot this problem for several days now and have tried many different variations of all of the steps below:

- Restart Computer

- Move Project to Local Disk (SSD)

- Move Footage to Local Disk (SSD)

- Clean Cache Database

- Move Cache (SSD)

- Delete Cache Database

- Move Scratch Disks (SSD)

- Uninstall and Delete Preferences Before New Install

I attempted to have my IT department look at the issue yesterday and as I was entering a support ticket and re-installing the program the problem stopped and I was able to load footage into the Source Monitor with no issues. I wasn't able to get much help from the IT department after that. It worked for the rest of the day yesterday and the first part of the day today with no problems and with footage loading into the Source Monitor just fine. Then, I moved onto a different project today and the problem came back. I have attempted several different variations of the above mentioned steps today, to no avail.

Other notables about my workflow:

- My computer is about 3 weeks old and was purchased by my IT department. I've spoken with IT and they have a limited knowledge of editing workflows and the Adobe suite.

-There are a small number of projects that I work with on occasion that have been originally created and edited on a MacBookPro running OSX Sierra 10.12.1. In the past, this hasn't been much of an issue.

- Footage is mostly C100 .mts files and GoPro .mp4

- Doesn't appear to be affecting CC15.3

System Specs:

- Windows 10 Enterprise

- Core i7-6700 Quad-Core 4.0-4.2GHz (Overclocked 10-20%)

- 2x GTX1070 Graphics Cards

- 64GB DDR4 2133MHz RAM

- 256GB SSD

- 512GB SSD

- 2x 1TB SSD

- 4x 4TB HDD 7200RPM RAID 10(mirroring and striping)

I'm wondering if I'm missing something mundane or if this issue is something anyone else has experienced?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that comes to mind is starting clean.  Most pre-built computers come with crapware installed.  It's a good idea to start a new edit system with a clean install of Windows 10, installing only those things you need for editing, leaving out everything else like email, office, and security software.  (Take it off the network if you have to.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, thank you for the reply, as far as I am aware, my IT department did do a clean install of Windows 10 when they received the computer. Unfortunately, having a computer that only has editing software on it isn't really feasible in my current work setting.

I did discover a new trick of the "crash", however. It appears that once the program "crashes" I can still navigate to the Lumetri Color panel and under the "Creative" tab I am able to preview the frame at the playhead position in the timeline, so long as the clip is selected. It appears that program is still recognizing a handful of actions, but it is still mostly bricked, since the Source and Program Monitors are completely frozen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I seem to suffer the same, or at least very similar, problem. In my case, I noticed that if the Bin window is on the secondary display (I have two 24 inch displays) and not on the same display with the Premiere itself, this "half crash" occurs. It's really systematic. Have the Bin window on the primary display and double click a clip, it opens into Source monitor. No problems. Then, move the Bin window to the secondary display, try to open the same clip to the Source monitor, and both Source and Program monitors go blank. Only way to restore the situation is to first kill Premiere in Task Manager and start it again.

I have tried with both Cuda and software rendering, they are all the same.

Specs:

i7-6700 @ 3.40 GHz

64 GB RAM @ 2133 MHz

GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Windows 10 Pro (10586.753 Build)

Premiere 2017.0.2 (11.0.2 (47) Build)

nVidia drivers 376.33

Is this a known bug or is there something I can do myself to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is exactly the problem i was having, almost to a T.  Narrowed it down to the Source Mon.

Recently built this comp too.  My components are only slightly different, but i don't think it was the comp so much as a quirk in Premiere CC 2017.

And i'm happy to have got it beat.

At least for me, aspenn​ was right on the money.  Having Premiere strung out over two monitors seemed to cause the problem.  I had the Source on the 2ndary.  I consolidated Premiere to run on the one mon, and restarted (the whole freakin comp....again....for the 15th time...) and then i could dance freely from Source to Program and back again.

What's strange is that i just finished a project in which i had moved the Source mon over to the secondary and it didn't seem to care.  So it might just be starting a fresh project, or it might be something that comes up intermittently.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines