Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Timecode via CEP

Participant ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is there a way to change media-spefic XMP-Metadata within a CEP plugin in Premiere Pro?

Right now I'm trying to set new values for the XMP-Properties "MediaStart, MediaEnd, SoundTimeCode". I quickly realized, that these values get ignored, because i guess they are linked to my actual file and not the Premiere-Project-Metadata?

I hit a deadend here, since googling this issue doesn't yield any useful resulsts. 

Is this possible or is it more useful to look for another solution?

Thank you. 😊

**Background

I'm currently trying to set up a small plugin that reads updates / corrected timecodes from a .csv-File. I need this, because my cameras ( DSLRs) don't take take external TC, but i capture audio timecode via Tentacle Sync E along the way. I use the tool called Tentacle Timecode Tool to read the audio TCs, which i can either export as a csv-File or export the files in place with the new TC. Exporting seems rather wasteful, since it is enough for me to just update the timecodes by hand in Premiere. In the end I'm slightly faster updating the TCs by hand with the "Modify/Timecode" window. It literally wastes hours of my time. Either by needlessly converting or by changing it myself.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

> I quickly realized, that these values get ignored, because i guess they are linked to my actual file and not the Premiere-Project-Metadata

Correct! Although they're displayed in the Metadata panel as well, PPro considers those values 'data', not metadata.

Instead of changing the XMP, you would change those characteristics of the projectItem, using either projectItem methods or setFootageInterpretation()

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I quickly realized, that these values get ignored, because i guess they are linked to my actual file and not the Premiere-Project-Metadata

Correct! Although they're displayed in the Metadata panel as well, PPro considers those values 'data', not metadata.

Instead of changing the XMP, you would change those characteristics of the projectItem, using either projectItem methods or setFootageInterpretation()

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your lightning fast reply. 

Using setStartTime() did the trick. I haven't considered it, since i was too fixated on looking for methods, which mentioned timecode anywhere in their docs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines