• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant crashing always! Premiere Pro CC 2019 & 2018

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone here that can help me with this frustrating problem!?

Just three days ago I bought a new powerfull notebook for all my editing work:

- Intel i7 8750H
- Nvidia GTX 1070 Max - Q
- 32 GB Ram
- 1 Tb Samsung Pro SSD

Now I made sure I had all my Nvidia drivers up to date, I also made sure my Windows were up to date and same goes for Adobe programs using the latest versions!

Now everytime I start using either Premiere Pro even just opening a new project or file it crashes. This also goes for After Effects AND Photoshop!

The main Issue here is the EXCEPTION ACCES VIOLATION. Is there anyone here that can help me I am lost for words just bought this expensive notebook that cannot even RUN Adobe properly?

This is the Crash report I keep getting:
I will not post the full Crash report on here because the list is endlessly long.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE AdobeCrashReport SYSTEM "AdobeCrashReporter.dtd">

<crashreport serviceVersion="2.1.1" clientVersion="2.1.1" applicationName="Premiere Pro" applicationVersion="13.0.1" build="13" source="Windows-Client">

<time year="2018" month="11" day="10" hour="14" minute="50" second="18" timeoffset="60" timezone="West-Europa (standaardtijd)"/>

<user guid="639e9207-ae28-40d3-879a-5aea90b15612"/>

<system platform="Windows 10 Home" osversion="10.0" osbuild="17134" applicationlanguage="en-us" userlanguage="nl-NL" oslanguage="en-US" ram="32621" machine="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz" model="Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10" cpuCount="12" cpuType="8664" cpuFreq="2208 MHz"/>

<crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" exceptionCode="0xc0000005" instruction="0x00007FF8329F52E0">

<backtrace crashedThread="0">

<thread index="0">

<stackStatement index="0" address="0x00007FF8329F52E0" symbolname="NvOptimusEnablementCuda"/>

<stackStatement index="1" address="0x00007FF8918645A1" symbolname="StretchBlt"/>

<stackStatement index="2" address="0x00007FF8937634CC" symbolname="RtlUnsubscribeWnfNotificationWaitForCompletion"/>

<stackStatement index="3" address="0x00007FF8937631A6" symbolname="RtlUnsubscribeWnfNotificationWaitForCompletion"/>

<stackStatement index="4" address="0x00007FF893763040" symbolname="RtlUnsubscribeWnfNotificationWaitForCompletion"/>

<stackStatement index="5" address="0x00007FF893762D44" symbolname="RtlUnsubscribeWnfNotificationWaitForCompletion"/>

<stackStatement index="6" address="0x00007FF89373F5C9" symbolname="RtlReleaseSRWLockExclusive"/>

<stackStatement index="7" address="0x00007FF891483034" symbolname="BaseThreadInitThunk"/>

<stackStatement index="8" address="0x00007FF893791471" symbolname="RtlUserThreadStart"/>

</thread>

</backtrace>

<registerSet>

<register name="RAX" value="0x00007FF8329F52E0"/>

<register name="RBX" value="0x000000002DFC8870"/>

<register name="RCX" value="0x0000000017A9FA40"/>

<register name="RDX" value="0x000000002DFC24C0"/>

<register name="RSI" value="0x0000000000000000"/>

<register name="RDI" value="0x0000000000000001"/>

<register name="RSP" value="0x0000000017A9FA18"/>

<register name="RBP" value="0x0000000000012E33"/>

<register name="RIP" value="0x00007FF8329F52E0"/>

<register name="EFL" value="0x0000000000010202"/>

<register name="LastExceptionToRip" value="0x0000000000000000"/>

<register name="LastExceptionFromRip" value="0x0000000000000000"/>

</registerSet>

<binaryImageSet>

<binaryImage start="0x0000000140000000" end="0x000000014037D000" path="adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FF893720000" end="0x00007FF893901000" path="ntdll.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FF891470000" end="0x00007FF891522000" path="kernel32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FF88FAF0000" end="0x00007FF88FD63000" path="KERNELBASE.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FF891FB0000" end="0x00007FF892140000" path="user32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FF890620000" end="0x00007FF890640000" path="win32u.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FF891860000" end="0x00007FF891888000" path="gdi32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FF890480000" end="0x00007FF890612000" path="gdi32full.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FF890830000" end="0x00007FF8908CF000" path="msvcp_win.dll"/>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Hello

I fixed my issue

Even though the active GPU was Nvidia, the fix was to upgrade the INTEL drivers. I know this sounds strange.

I was @ version 24.xxx   and I had to upgrade to 25.xxx

However this is not straightforward : if you just download the new driver and launch exe, in my case, it refused to install because manufacturer drivers were installed (Dell). I had to :

- Download latest Intel driver from Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 630  (in my case, since I have HD 630)

- Unzip the exe in a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I am extensively researching this issue that is also occurring for me on both Photoshop and Lightroom classic (although the stack trace is slightly different in my case)

Is there an additional Intel discrete GPU in your system?

If you can, please try disabling it. This could help tremendously according to many reports.

I own a Dell XPS 15 9570 and, unfortunately, on this system, Intel GPU is required to be active all the time. Thus at the moment all I can do is disable GPU entirely (which you may try, too, but brace for impact regarding performance )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I fixed my issue

Even though the active GPU was Nvidia, the fix was to upgrade the INTEL drivers. I know this sounds strange.

I was @ version 24.xxx   and I had to upgrade to 25.xxx

However this is not straightforward : if you just download the new driver and launch exe, in my case, it refused to install because manufacturer drivers were installed (Dell). I had to :

- Download latest Intel driver from Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 630  (in my case, since I have HD 630)

- Unzip the exe in a folder using, for instance, 7zip

- go to device manager (Windows + X --> device manager)

- uninstall Intel drivers and click on "Delete driver files"

- DISCONNECT YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION

- In the device manager, right-click anywhere and choose "Scan for hardware changes"

- Wait for the Intel display adapter to appear

- Right click and choose "Update driver". If it is disabled, click on Properties then Driver then Update driver.

- Choose "Have disk" and locate the place where you extracted the Intel driver

- Let it install

Hopefully once this is done, your problems are over. They were for me, even though I was using the Nvidia driver!!!! (go figure)

A reboot might be necessary.

Wish you all the best of luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a similar System setup to yours and I've checked the download compatibility with the driver and it told me the driver is compatible with my processor. Then halfway through my install I get the dialogue that tells me my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements to install the software, so it basically stopped the installation process. I just can't deal anymore with the lagging and unreliable playback. I spend more time troubleshooting issues than I am actually doing any editing.

I have the following:

Windows 10 Pro x64 bit

Core i7 8700K 3.70GHz

Invidia GTX 1070Ti

32GB Ram 7200rpm

3TB HDD

Kingston 480GB A400 SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some funky things going on for some users, and it's rather frustrating to try to find them all.

One other user posting here about a series of weird behaviors got checking through his rig ... and found that his Asus mobo had an "update" that he'd accepted, and it loaded some other mini-apps into the startup procedure, sound-control things that are designed to make the gaming experience more enjoyable. But when he uninstalled them, suddenly PrPro was stable. They were running in the background except for when playback was happening in PrPro and they then tried to "assist" PrPro.

Which messed things up.

I don't know if you've got an Asus mobo, but for those who do and are having weird stuff, disabling/uninstalling any apps run by the Sonic or whatever it is system on those could be of use.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has fixed my problem guys! Thanks alot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are always, I REPEAT ALWAYS using the intel driver whether you are using a discrete or not.  This is because the intel runs only the screen until it is needed for power boosting, but the nvidia or AMD discreet just process the visual data then send to internal memory for use in intel graphics display.  Perhaps there's an update to the OPENCL and other drivers that handle that linkage.  I'll check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had all the same kind of issues with media encoder, premiere, prelude, after effects.

Step 1. uninstall apps listed above as completely as possible and log out of CC in app then close the app.

Step 2. remove appdata from user appdata folder or user libraries (last one is mac) and kill every adobe process you can

Step 3. Open desktop app while holding ALT CTRL (CMD on mac) R.  Log in, then Log out of CC then close app, open it, again with the escape sequence ALT CTRL R, log in.

Step 4.  install media encoder .0 version for the year you want, and update it slowly, by one dot version, using the "Manage, Other versions" in the desktop app, until you are 1 version away from the latest.  You'll see why later.

Step 5. Install after Effects Until one shy of latest.

Step 6. Install Prelude one shy of latest.

Step 7.  Install premiere and go all the way through by one dot version at a time.  It will flag media encoder for an update.  When media encoder update is complete, do after effects, then Prelude or in any order for those last 2 if there are any left.  It may flag AE for an update for motion graphics stuff.

Step 8.  Close the desktop app.  Open it again.  Make sure it is set to run as a window.  IF it's just a taskbar popup, it doesn't stay logged in.

Step 9.  Make sure your apps run as an admin on windows (use the properties tab of the .exe file to set this for all users), or on mac, and then open one of them holding down ALT SHIFT until splash screen is gone.  This ensures clean prefs files.  If app crashes (some do the first run) just open it again with the ALT SHIFT.  Go to manage sync in the file menu, and set your prefs sync to always upload.  When you are done, close the app, open it again and sync.  If this fails, or crashes the app, never do it again, but it should go off without a hitch.  This will link your app to your account, allowing you free access to some adobe stock graphics that are free but don't come installed.  You may download these but do not try to copy them to your library.  Use the cloud icon at the corner of them to have them download for you and you'll have them ready.  You could always make a copy of your own afterward by placing them in a file, or sequence and saving as a similar type of graphic.

Update:

Wanted to add that I forced updates to intel driver, bypassing the locking that my comp manufacturer built in.  After about 2 years, most manufacturers stop posting updates to these drivers.  I have an acer, and that was the case.  I updated intel by using the update driver dialog and telling it where to look for the files, in a folder I downloaded.  Once done, I told it to hold off on the restart.  I then updated my NVIDIA drivers.  This is important as well.  INTEL drivers run the screen and basic output to my displayport connector, even if the visual data isn't actually built there.  I had to set that first, so it would recognize the nvidia as being present on the install.  I did the nvidia first and it worked fine with a game or two but for many other things it did not.  I had to manually roll back and then forward to fix it.  Basically, NVIDIA uses OPTIMUS to communicate with the INTEL processor.  I also noticed that when I use OPENCL, I get a huge boost to performance.  That's because CL is used by both drivers and they can really talk to each other when it's used.  It's less accurate for some things, but I haven't really been able to tell much difference in the end product.  Bear this in mind when comparing with CUDA.  Here's the reason that I needed to install the INTEL first...  The new NVIDIA driver expects an updated property list from the INTEL driver and a newer version of OPENCL to share.  Without that, the new NVIDIA driver cannot recognize the INTEL processor properly and instructions get scrambled.  There are files they share that are updated by the NVIDIA install that are actually built by the intel install.  In other words, some of the values in those files won't exist when you do this backwards, so there will be some issues.

UPDATE 2I also applied my schema for installing updates to adobe Photoshop, so far it's fast and smooth, but I'm on a decent machine.

Update 3    I also had to force my antivirus to play well with the adobe software.  All behavior and connections must be allowed and called trusted from these apps.  Look up the hosts needed for these and you can apply rules for them that allow it all to bypass your firewalls.  For me, adding the allow and trust fixed sync and adobe stock button in premiere pro, along with connections dropping.  I Did do a startup with alt key to erase prefs and that seemed to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines