• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash on playback in Premiere Pro 14.6

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premiere Pro keeps crashing as soon as I open it and try to playback video clips. This only started hapening since I updated. 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry default. We need more to go on, though. Give us your system and media details. The more info, the better.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i go about getting that info on a windows pc 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-11-20 014935.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have kind of the same problem. every time i open it, Premiere Crashed ordi.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I am also running on an AMD ryzen 7 and have a Radeon rx 5700 xt. Before the update I could run premiere quite smoothly with quick render times, but now the playback slider is laggy and it takes a while to display footage when playback doesn't cause a crash. A solution would be better sooner rather than later since I use premiere pro to edit videos for youtube and need one done and uploaded on sunday. Thanks in advance for help, maybe if I had the ability to downgrade it would be a quicker temporary fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never mind, my computer was overheating. had a bluescreen about half an hour after this reply and left it to cool for another 30 mins. it was 35 degrees C here today, to be fair. australia, man... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been having the same issue on my iMac pro. Crashed 8 times over 40 minutes doing everything from trying to adjust the volume of a clip to trimming to changing a title. Tried trashing the preferences and clearing the media cache with no improvement. Finally rolled back to 14.5 and haven't had any crashes since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Installing 14.5 now to see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did reverting back to the previous build help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yepp. Build 14.5 works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It seems that I have the same problems that others on this forum are having.  The length of time between open and crash varies from about 30 seconds to 5 minutes or so.  It seems that any time I scrub across the timeline or try to play back video clips my computer flashes a black screen for a few seconds and then revives Premiere only to have no scrubbing or playback functionality.  I can still navigate the program and occassionally save however it doesn't take long for the whole program to lock up and stop responding.

I am running this on an HP Pavilion with AMD Ryzen 33200U and Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx.  It has 8 GB of RAM and runs Windows 10 Home.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You aren't alone mate. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling,  deleting all of my work and I cant even open the application for more then 10 seconds until it crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue of choppy playback (Footage from GH5, BMPCC4k, Avi), with the latest version of Premiere Pro (14.6). No problems with the previous one. No crashing till now, but still unusable.

Thanks for any advice

Kajetan

PC win 10 Home, 32 gb Ram, AMD Ryzen 7 1700 8 core 3.0 ghz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uninstalled the 14.6 version and installed 16.4, but the choppy playback is still there. When I export the footage, everything is fine. But it is nearly impossible to work with Premiere with this issue. When using the same clips with Da Vinci Resolve, nothing bad happens.

Is there somebody that can give me some help?

Thanks

Kajetan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines