• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes on 'Save as' and Right click import

Participant ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue for a long time both before and after the 2017 update. It seems to be around actions concerned with Windows 10 file management as listed in the title.

My workaround is not to use 'Save as' at all and to use the Media Browser or to drag files in from a File Explorer window.

There's no error msg, just the rotating blue circle and I'm off to the Task Manager.

Anyone else? I see others have issues with 'Save' but I find Control S works fine so never bother with the menu for that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a system issue.  For whatever reason, your system isn't opening the proper window when PP asks for it.

Work through Step 3 here.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim

Many thanks for taking the time to sort such a clear and detailed guide. The point that stands out for me is,

G.  Don't move documents. -- Be sure to leave My Documents in its default location on the C: drive

As for many people these days, my C drive is an SSD and smaller than my E drive (Disc) so one of the first things I did when I installed Windows 10 was to move My Docs to E and set up the file locations in Windows to reflect this. Everything else is okay with that so if it is that, I'm not sure how to deal apart from with my workarounds.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just one thing to try.  If the issue is solved with other methods, you're good.

That item was added to the list because it does sometimes cause issues for PP when you move My Documents.  In this case, it sounds more like a Windows issue than a PP issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

Got the same problem over here. "Save as" and "import" leads to a crash without any errors.

What seems to work for me is to disable the Gaming Mode, Microsoft added without notice. Disabled it and the error is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried your Gaming Mode fix and it seems to have worked - amazing! I'll remain cautious as the issue was always intermittent but I live in hope...

Thanks for tracking down this strange connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One day later and Gaming mode is still off but 'Save as' is causing PPCC to crash once more with no error msg.So it seems that was not the solution for me after all...

Back to the drawing board.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still stuck with the import problem. Saving works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can now add Open project in 2018 to the list of intermittent crashes. I have a project open. I choose 'Open Project' in order to usethe new feature of multiple projects. I get a crash.

As suggested above it has the feel of a windows system issue but, having tried all suggestions, I can't locate a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, today I learned something that might just be a boom for us users that are experiencing Premiere cc 2018 Locking-Up upon "Save As" and "r.click Import" while on Windows 10.

While online with, non other than Best Buys Geek Squad, they helped me discover one trick that might be part of Premier's problem crashing.

First off, they ran their standard whole-computer analyzer which basically told the operator that my computer, although two years old, is still a kick ass monster that of which he called me a potential Game-God, if I only played online games.

Next, after his complete work-over of trashing loose ends (cash etc...), all over the place, he watched as I ran Premiere once again, and just as expected, it crashed upon trying to "save as", and/or r.click "import"  to bins.

Suddenly he said... "Let me try something". He then went to Premiere's shortcut Icon, and right clicked on it and chose "Properties" and than chose, "Compatibility", and then Checked the Compatibility Mode Box and chose "Run program as Windows 7 Compatibility", and VIOLA!

ALL FIXED!  No more Crashes!

I can now "Save As" to my heart's content!

Now, this leads me to wonder what the underlying problem is...

Could it be that Adobe Premiere CC 2018 is really nothing new after Windows 7?

Is it just a newer UI with an old engine underneath?

What Say Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

PP 2018

I have an answer that worked for me re. crashing with save as:

Turned off windows firewall - save as worked fine

Went into settings>windows defender

typed "firewall" in the search window

this opens the window where you can turn windows firewall on/off

first option on the left of that window is "allow an ap or feature through windows firewall"

click on that

you get a browse window

browse to your pp folder and click on premierpro.exe (or whatever it is, don't have it in front of me right now)

Now Premiere Pro shows up in the "list" of aps/programs that windows defender "lets through"

This has plagued me for at least a year.  Reading some of these posts pointed me in the right direction.  Why the "experts" at Adobe couldn't figure this out is beyond reason.

Your mileage may vary (YMMV) but this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  Sometimes I get my shortkeys mixed up and accidentally "Ctrl+Shift+S" instead of "Ctrl+S".  Instantly adobe premiere pro crashes.  What a pain.  I'm trying to save so my timelime stays backed up and it causes a crash.  Now I must waste 15 minutes to re-start and re-do all the items that didn't save.  Auto save works but I make a lot of changes within the 5 minute auto-save interval.

Bummer Adobe!  I was surprised to find out this issue has been going on for some time now and it's still not fixed.

Latest Pr CC update

2017 Alienware 17R4

Intel i7-7820HK

32GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has anyone found a solution to this. I think I might be having the same issue. Everytime I export and edit the file name, I get a Not responding and it just freezes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines