• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Workspaces not working as expected

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an custon Workspace Layout where i use source and programm monitor.

I open several sequences in the Source monitor, then click the wrnch icon to open the timeline aswel.

below i have the "master" timeline where i want to drag and drop from those source timelines i openend.

When closing PP and reopening, it does not save latest state of this workspace. And also i have this problem when i swap between layout like color, effects etc pp.

PP remembers that there is my layout but it forgets that several timelines are opened in source monitor (empty panel). all revious openend timelines which got openend to source monitor are missing.

Version 14.4 Build 38.

Please fix ASAP, its really anoying that basic features not work as expected. Every IDE does the same and saves your latest layout.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It saves the layout as it was when you manually saved the layout. It does not save the way you're working at the moment necessarily ... though at times it does. So if you want it to have a two-timeline layout, you must save a workspace that has two timelines.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats not working, i saved the created workspace again. Switched to "color" for example, coming back and its not the state where i saved it couple seconds before. Its buggy. try it yourself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just for question: Why i should manual save it ? i thought computers should help us in repitive tasks, no one remembers to save when in a heavy editing flow. Thats not good UX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It even gets more anyoning when i want to drag and drop the sequence back to the source monitor it shows it, but on the wrench icon the option "open in timeline" is grayed out 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines