Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dialogue Box in Wrong Position

Participant ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is not a major crisis, but is annoying, so would love a fix for this.

A couple of weeks ago, my 30" Dell Display, which was my primary editing display, died a painful death .

Fortunately, it was under warranty, and Dell offered to replace it, [which was amazing, thank you, Dell!]

Whilst I was waiting for my replacement, I used my old 24" Dell display so that I could continue editing, and obviously,

I had to resize PrP to fit the smaller screen.

When I got the replacement screen, I had to resize PrP to fit the larger display - but now the Save/Render dialogue bar

always shows up towards the upper left of the screen [which is where it was due to the smaller display] - and NOT in the centre of the

30" display.

How can I reset that setting or cache, or whatever, so that PrP displays the dialogue bar in the right place?

Resetting the Windows Layouts doesn't seem to help with this issue. No matter what Windows Layout I choose, the dialogue box is still on the t upper left of the screen.

Thanks in advance,

W.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

I think the dialog box placement is sticky. I rendered a sequence and saw that the Rendering dialog box appeared in the middle of the screen. So I moved the dialog box during the render process (to the upper left corner) and then canceled the remainder of the render. When I rendered the sequence again, the same dialog box appeared where I had just moved it. So I moved it back to the middle, canceled the render, and then rendered again and saw the dialog box appear back in the middle of the scree

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WMK,

Please post a screenshot FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

Here you go.

Thanks,

W.Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 1.45.13 PM.pngx§

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it also happen when using a default workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

Just tried it with a default workspace, and yeah, same issue persists.

Tx,

W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WMK,

Go to the following location in the machine

In Mac, Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 11.0

Rename the 11.0 folder to Old_11.0

Launch Premiere Pro, Create a new project(do not open Old projects)

In Menu bar, Window > Workspace > Uncheck Import Workspace from Projects.

Open the old project & check the issue.

Please let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Vidya,

I followed your instructions, but am still getting the same issue.

Thank you so much for trying to help.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WMK,

Is it possible to install previous version of Premiere Pro & test the issue?

FAQ: How do I reinstall a previous version of Premiere Pro

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've still got a copy of 2105.3 on my system - and the Dialogue Box is in the regular place.

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress on fixing this? I have been experiencing the same issue for weeks and it's getting very tiresome!

Thanks,

jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe if you updated to 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to resize PrP to fit the smaller screen.

You should not have had to resize anything.  This is taken care automatically by the OS and GPU driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue I've had for years on my MacBook Pro. Same exact placement doesn't matter the monitor or layout... Reseting preferences hasn't helped and this has been an issue across a few different versions of Premiere. Certainly feels super rare as I almost never even come across posts that even mention such an issue.

For the record the same layouts work on my other Mac without any issues in Dialogue Box placement... so there you go... more questions.

Anyway, I'm curious as the next person to know what in the world is causing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the dialog box placement is sticky. I rendered a sequence and saw that the Rendering dialog box appeared in the middle of the screen. So I moved the dialog box during the render process (to the upper left corner) and then canceled the remainder of the render. When I rendered the sequence again, the same dialog box appeared where I had just moved it. So I moved it back to the middle, canceled the render, and then rendered again and saw the dialog box appear back in the middle of the screen. So why don't you try that yourself — place it wherever you want it to appear — and then cancel the render and see if later renders display the dialog box where you want it, even after closing the app and reopening it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that is messed up! It actually worked! But the key was CANCELING the Render after moving it. If I let it finish or do anything else it just reverted to the original place it was. But once I had moved and canceled it seems to be good there.

The only catch is my other dialogue boxes (i.e. a project loading) still appears in the top left corner. Alas, the Render Box is the most annoying one to see out of place and now that its back in order I don't think the others bug me.

Thanks for the tip Stefan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BK: You're welcome. I updated my post to emphasize canceling the render for this tip to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, try to right click at the top bar of the dialogue box (ex: áudio gain pop up) and choose MOVE.
Use the cursor to position it wherever you want and then close the window (DON'T HIT NEITHER OK OR CANCEL).
Let me know if that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Created an account just to thank you!
Spent like an hour trying to fix it.

THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines