• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic link with Audition. Does dynamic link only update video, and not audio?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first time using the dynamic link between audition and premiere.

After making an edit sequence in Premiere, I made a dynamic link to Audition, finalized my mix and exported the audio back into Premiere. Everything was fine until the client came back with some revision notes.

After moving a couple of clips around in premiere, I reopened the Audition file, expecting the dynamic link to reflect the changes I made in premiere but it doesnt look like any of the audio clips moved. The video preview in audition is showing the correct updated video edits, so I know the link is still working. Am I doing something wrong?

I expected to open audition and see the audio clips to be moved to the correct locations on the timeline.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to again do the move from PrPro to Audition via the Edit Sequence in Au process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

Thanks for the input. The issue I see with this, is that it when I move it again from PrPro to Audition, it does not preserve any of the work I did the first time in audition. I don't want to re-mix the whole project every time I need to make a revision. Am I doing something wrong? Or is that just the way it is. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's kind of a weird thing. And I remembered wrong, sorry.

You do the send sequence to Audition thing the first time. Then export to Premiere Pro from Audition. It creates a new track/tracks of your audio work. If you want to revisit that work, with all settings available, you right-click on that track/s and "edit original".

It now sends that back to Audition, asking if you want to open the original file. Yea, you do. Do your fix, now export to Premiere.

You'll have a choice ... if you 'overwrite', the new file replaces the previous Audition tracks on the PrPro sequence.

If you don't overwrite, it creates a new set of tracks below the old ones.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines