Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing with several Multicam-synced clips - linking confusion

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello smart people, 

I'm having kind of a weird problem editing a mini-series with a bunch of material using multicamera-synced clips. Here's my workflow:

- import original footage 

- attach proxies to footage (Canon C300 MXF-proxies were already generated inside the camera)

- import external audio

- sync audio and clips via multicamera/timecode

so far, everything works well. But now i want to start editing:

So i create a new sequence and load the first multicam-synced clip in the source-monitor. I select material in the source monitor using in/out points and splice it in the new timeline. Then, what happens, is, that premiere does splice in synced material (as there are all external audio tracks attached), BUT the video track somehow isn't linked to the created multicam-source anymore (out of which i spliced material in), but to the single original video-file. 

Sometimes, i want to use match frame for example and quickly want to be directed back to my multicam-clip, NOT to the original only-video. 

I know, that what i want is possible, since it worked perfectly fine in my last project. The "phenomenon" occured with my recent update to v14.7. 

I searched half of the internet and checked every possible tick inside premieres settings, but couldn't find a solution.

Note: Same thing happens when i create a new sequence via the multicam-clip "create new sequence from clip", even though the clip, i created the new sequence of is linked to the multicam-clip, but every new clip i add isnt anymore (see screenshot 2, completely green clips is perfectly linked back to multicam-clip, the following clip isnt anymore).

Thanks a lot for helping me out!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Addition: Here are the screenshots i referred to embedded. 

AScreenshot1.pngScreenshot2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines