Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effects wrong in Export

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I'm finally done with a project that has taken me a while. In my exported file, one particular effect is wrong. In my sequence/preview, it looks great. In the exported file however, it's clearly incorrect. Any thoughts on what the issue could be? The particular effect that's wrong is Fast Color Correction. (Using that to build off the built in Film titles and make other credits have a brief colored glow.

They look great in the preview, but the timing in the resultant export is way off. I've tried turning GPU rendering on and off, and cleared the media cache.  I'm at a loss at this point.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try to render and replace the clip in your timeline? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forced a render of the Preview, and now that's incorrect. 🙃 C'est la vie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version of premiere are you using?  I just checked in premiere 2019 and fast color correct was already an obsolete effect.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is listed as an obsolete effect yes. But it's used in one of the premade Essential Graphics objects. I was using that to learn from, and trying to build off of it and do some additions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would question anyone's work who uses the FCC ... that's an old style tool, does some weird things which is why it's "Obsolete" ... and we have no clue how long it will be around.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get what you're saying R_Neil, but that wasn't all that kind or helpful. I'm literally just starting, and learning as I go. I know I'm at best a beginning beginner. That sort of gatekeeping doesn't help me or anyone actually accomplish anything meaningful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil's just trying to stop you from spinning your wheels and digging yourself a very deep hole.   He has been an enormous help to me and many other people here...  and considering the kind of snark that's so common on the internet, it wasn't unkind.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't at all being snarky, being bluntly honest. Besides volunteering here (as do all ACPSs) I'm a contributing author over at MixingLight.com, a pro colorist's teaching website. Some of my articles/tutorials there are outside their paywall as a service to the pro community. My 'beat' there is color in Premiere.

I've spent hours in person, in screen-share, and on the phone besides tons of emails with the top color engineers for Adobe's video apps prepping for tutorials. I've read and studied the comments by many others with professional experience and solid testing practices. I'm comfortable with saying I'm probably more informed of most color things within Premiere than most users. Though I bow immediately when Jarle Leirpoll "walks in the room"! And a number of others of course.

FCC had some decent uses once upon a time, but it can also cause some issues to your pixels. There are apparently some fundamental (and problematic) issues with some of the math involved, and the code is old and cranky. This is why it was discontinued for development more than five years ago.

Knowing that, I wouldn't suggest anyone use bad math/ancient code effects.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines