• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting with h264 in 1080 causing huge brightness variations with text (please help).

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premiere 14.3.1. Also updated to 14.3.2 and the problem persists.

I attached a short clip showing the issue. (not a great clip, but you can clearly see the light change with the text coming and going)

I have around a 5 minute video comprised of 1920x1080 clips from a Nikon DSLR with around 10 different text “graphics” (I used the text tool on top of the preview window, creating individual text “clips” on the timeline). Everything plays back fine within Premiere. I must export with h264/mp4 for my college course. I’ve tried using presets for nearly every kind of 1920x1080 24fps there is, and nothing changes the problem. After exporting, the video “flickers” with light. I realized that every time text comes on screen, the entire frame/image brightens up significantly, and every time the text goes off screen, the entire frame darkens (darker than it originally was in the raw clips). 

My troubleshooting process:

• Tried different monitor.
  • Tried different video players.
  • Every kind of export preset they have for 1080p 24fps.
  • Max render, depth, changed bit rate, frame blend options, basically every video setting I could change, I tried.
  • Exported with Media Encoder.
  • Tried nesting the entire sequence before export.
  • Rendered the entire video in premiere before exporting.
  • Changed fonts multiple times, removed all drop shadows, effects, strokes.
  • Exported with no hardware/software only.
  • Opened closed multiple times. 
  • Restarted pc more than once.
  • Updated/downgraded premiere.
  • Dynamic link refused to work, so I couldn’t try exporting right from after effects.
  • Updated/downgraded video drivers/GPU.

Eventually, just for kicks, I tried exporting in 4k for Youtube, and the export has none of the issues, no flickering. This however, is not a solution (and my clips are not 4k to begin with). I do not have the hard drive space for 2 GB files that are 4 minutes long, plus the export/upload times are atrocious when you’re upscaling and quadrupling the file size. I’ve used premiere for years and I’ve never encountered this issue. I also couldn’t find the older titles/text, so I really don’t see any alternative for adding text to the video.   

Please help me find a solution. I have found nothing like this on any forums/on google anywhere.

HP zbook G3

NVIDIA M3000M

32GB DDR4 RAM

512 SSD + 2 TB HDD

Intel i7 @ 2.7 GHZ

Windows 10 pro 64bit.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you go to Sequence > Sequence Settings and un-check "Composite in Linear Color...", click OK and then export again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this. No change, still flickering. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the "edit" button for posts to do this? I don't see any way to edit my original post to embed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just post it in a new post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GL,

Can you try updating Premiere Pro and test it out? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines