Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: How to Design a Workflow Pipeline for Premiere Pro

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Designing a Workflow Pipeline

What's a workflow pipeline? It's a set of processes for getting from start to finish without trouble occurring in a film editing project. You'll want to do this to avoid issues that may crop up around your choices for hardware, cameras, etc.

Decide how you'll import media and whether you'll transcode, create proxies, or simply import. Consider how you'll edit, adjust audio, and then add titles, graphics and color treatment to the sequence. Finally, consider how you'd like the export process to run. Click each link to drill down into more info you may need in order to optimize your workflow pipeline.

Simple Workflow Design

• Import worflow
    • Depends on hardware capability and camera constraints.
  • Editing workflow
    • Organize and sort clips
    • Create the Sequence, and check Sequence Settings
    • Edit Clips trim Clips, and adjust audio 
    • Add Titles, graphics, and color grading
    • Watch down and render the sequence
  • Exporting Workflow
    • Export a simple H.264 file or a high quality master

You should now have either a H.264 or high quality file that you can use for almost any video. Make note of the rougher portions of the workflow pipeline, and then try to improve that section with better practices or higher quality hardware.

Interested in improving the efficiency your workflow? See this article.

Back to the Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Hub: Premiere Pro Software

Kevin's Notes on building a reliable workflow pipeline: 
"I was taught to always think about the end of my process and work my way to the beginning to achieve best results. For example, start with the file you are going to need to deliver and work all the way back to the import or ingest process.

The best plans always begin with upfront work to make sure that the exporting process is as simplified and has the least overhead for my machine that is possible. An export process with low overhead (with as little added processing as possible) will succeed every time. My goal is to lower that overhead at the end with upfront work done first, in the form of transcoding files for an optimal editing experience: easy to edit with and easy to export."

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines