• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File not found

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Catlina on a MacBook Pro. I have a file in downloads. When I try to import it Premiere Pro doesn't see it. However, in Finder I see it there and can drag it into the program. Anyone have any insight into this. I've tried to move it to my movies folder and desktop and I have the same problem. Finder sees it, but Adobe doesn't.

Thanks,

Rob

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Thanks for writing in. I understand you are getting an error everytime you try to import media files in Premiere Pro.

• Which version of Premiere Pro are you using?
  • Does it happen with a specific file format? What is the format of the media that you are using?
  • Is it a screen recording?

Let us know. We're here to help.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At a guess you may be trying to import a video file format (or Codec) that is no longer supported in Catalina. Many older codecs have been 'deprecated' in the latest versions of MacOS. Premiere Pro supported many codecs via QuickTime 7 and it's underlying (apple) system components. Now that none of this works anymore in MacOS, Premiere Pro will no longer 'see' the files or be able to import them. To confirm this may be your issue - open the file in QuickTime player. If it refuses to play ... that's the problem.

Solution - get the file converted on a computer that can play the file (i.e. and older Mac) to something like Prores. Or get it re-delivered in an alternate codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines