• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitch on export

New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I've just been rendering my video and now I'm getting glitches at exactly the same time frames on the export. It's not throughout the whole video.

I've got lumetri colour on the video and that's it. So confused. This is the third time rendering after a restart too.

Here are my mac specs.

4.3ghz Intel Core i9

32gb ram

Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Export settings

h.264

3840 x 2160

Render at maximum depth

Use maximum render quality

encoding is high and level 5.2

bitrate encoding is CBR 100Mbps

Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 15.38.46.png

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

yup, that's probably the problem.  Use handbrake to convert to a constant frame rate.  Make sure your preset matches the pixel dimensions of your source and set the quality slider to in the video panel is set to the max and you set your preset to a constant frame rate in the same video panel.    If you've got editready you can convert to prores which is a better editing format but creates larger file sizes and costs some money...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is your source video by any chance variable frame rate.  You can use media info to find out https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

If so, use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr

There are 2 main sources for vfr footage, smartphones and screen recordings.

One workaround is to change your sequence preview settings to match your export settings and render your timeline.  If the timeline plays fine, just make sure the "use previews" option in the export dialog is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok downloaded media info. 

Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 16.00.23.png

I have noticed this on my export. 29.994 fps on my source and then output becoming 30fps?

It was all recorded from one device (iPhone 11)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup, that's probably the problem.  Use handbrake to convert to a constant frame rate.  Make sure your preset matches the pixel dimensions of your source and set the quality slider to in the video panel is set to the max and you set your preset to a constant frame rate in the same video panel.    If you've got editready you can convert to prores which is a better editing format but creates larger file sizes and costs some money...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok I'll go to handbrake and convert it then. But the only problem I'm now wondering is I've cut the video and done my editing. Am I now going to have to go back into it and match the all the cuts or is there a way to replace that video with the newly rendered handbrake version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just unlink original clips and relink to converted footage. Might need to
adjust an edit by a frame here and there but I haven't had to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok great. I've got handbrake converting now. 

I'll look for a youtube video to explain how to unlick and relink to converted footage as I'm still quite new to premiere so I only have a basic knowledge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty simple.  Before you launch Premiere, If your handbrake outputs have the same file name as the original file (but obviously in a different folder), just rename the folder containing the original files so that when premiere launches, it'll tell you it can't find the original files,  just point to the new files in their folder and hopefully all of them will reconnect and away you go.  Always a good idea to test this by taking one of the clips in the timeline and control clicking and choosing reveal in finder and making sure it's one of the handbrake exports....  There are other ways of doing this, but I'm thinking this is the simplest.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fantastic. Thank you! 

The handbrake conversion just finished and it's made the movie file MASSIVE. It was a 12gb file but now after the convert it's a 91gb file! So maybe the full quality wasn't needed on handbrake? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mgrenadier thank you so, so much. This worked! Really appreciate you helping me out here with that problem. After converting via handbrake the video rendered fine. I need to figure out a better conversion rate on handbrake for myself as 96gb for a video file is too large for me haha. 

Thanks again for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines